Beginners and Beyond

Hello?.. Tuesdalies eat healthy walnuts. (Read 41 times)

on my way to badass

Wake up Dailies!

Some mileage for me, maybe even outside.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Mr MattM

3 done... then 6-7... then 3-4.

be curious; not judgmental

LRB

I ran 6. It might as well been up the side of a building, oof.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates class tonight.  Most likely an RD since I won't have time to run what I need to run after hubby finishes on the TM and for sure it's a TM kind of day/month/year.

Damaris

Cyberic

Will run some easy miles after work.

onemile

Last night Bruno ran full speed into my calf knocking me over.  My calf is still really sore and kind of feels injured.  But maybe it's just bruised.

delicate flower

Hola muchambos.  2500 yard masters swim this morning for my third swim day in a row.  Good swim...my endurance is getting better.  I still get tired near the end of my swims but I don't slow down.

My coach gave me instructions for my race Sunday and he's got me all excited.  (Duathlon...5K run, 16 mile bike, 5K run).  I like that he gives me specific instructions.  So my plan is to do the first run at a conservative 10K pace (6:30ish), then target 6:45 pace on the second run, and faster if I can.  After a conservative first 5K, it is max effort the rest of the way.  For the bike, I asked if I should hold back a little so I'll have enough left for run 2.  Coach said NO and to worry about run 2 when I get to run 2.  The bike course is 8 miles up, then 8 miles down.  My instructions are to hammer the first 8 uphill miles, and then hammer even harder on the last 8 miles.  Coach said run 2 is probably going to really suck for the first half mile but to have faith in my legs.  Heh.  This is going to be fun.  I've never raced all out on the bike portion of my multisport races.  I'll be disappointed if I don't average at least 20 mph.

Last night Bruno ran full speed into my calf knocking me over.  

Sad  He must have seen a squirrel.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Last night Bruno ran full speed into my calf knocking me over.  My calf is still really sore and kind of feels injured.  But maybe it's just bruised.

Ouch! I have a permanent spot on my shin where it met my dogs head at her full speed at least 7 years ago. Some people get tattoos to remember their pets, I have a lump on my shin.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 12 in the rain after daylight.  It was warm enough that I liked it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Did onemile's workout #1 from yesterday's recommendations: 3x800 at slightly slower than race pace (6:35-6:40), 3x400 at slightly faster than race pace. Results:

800's - 6:50, 6:42, 6:44

400's - 6:24, 5:45, 5:59

I think I might've done the 400's too fast. I'm pretty sure I've never had a split of any distance ever beginning with a 5. No regrets.

Dave

onemile

Did onemile's workout #1 from yesterday's recommendations: 3x800 at slightly slower than race pace (6:35-6:40), 3x400 at slightly faster than race pace. Results:

800's - 6:50, 6:42, 6:44

400's - 6:24, 5:45, 5:59

I think I might've done the 400's too fast. I'm pretty sure I've never had a split of any distance ever beginning with a 5. No regrets.

I think I told you not to hammer it... 

But nice paces. How did your legs feel?

I think I told you not to hammer it... 

But nice paces. How did your legs feel?

I'm not a very good student.

Felt a little sluggish early in the 800's; sometimes when this happens I'll look at my watch and I'm at something like HMP. But in this case paces still looked good. Ultimately loosened up and felt really good. I've hardly every done anything shorter than 800's, so had a bit of trouble reining it in with the 400's.

Dave

LRB

I'm not a very good student.

Felt a little sluggish early in the 800's; sometimes when this happens I'll look at my watch and I'm at something like HMP. But in this case paces still looked good. Ultimately loosened up and felt really good. I've hardly every done anything shorter than 800's, so had a bit of trouble reining it in with the 400's.

You should really do yourself a favor and schedule a set of 8 - 10 x 400s a time or two before getting back into marathon training.  They're wonderful.

delicate flower

Did onemile's workout #1 from yesterday's recommendations:

fyi I gave you kudos.

<3

You should really do yourself a favor and schedule a set of 8 - 10 x 400s a time or two before getting back into marathon training.  They're wonderful.

Sounds good! Did 12x400 a couple times for Hansons, but I always felt they were too short to make much sense for distance training. I've also never done any workout intentionally targeting anything faster than 5k pace. So, that's fun.

Dave