Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies (Read 19 times)

Hey, it's noon Eastern time, where is everyone??

8 miles in the rain for me this morning.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hey, it's noon Eastern time, where is everyone??

On the Thursday thread talking about Hanson, Pfitz, intervals, and long runs.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

I have 6 and Pilates later. Need to pick up the other kitty at the Humane Society once the electricians finish installing the Tesla charger.

I made a huge mistake. I tried to change Gracie from one room to another. She kept hiding behind the TV then a table, where she dumped a bunch of old DVDs on top of her, then she cried more scared and thinking I threw those at her and wanted to kill her. Then she ran down the hallway and down the stairs and then hid under my piano. I finally caught her crying like a banshee scared and put her in her new bedroom. Lord, I feel like a bad mom. She won't come out until 2030 now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

7.3 miles with 3 x 1 mi at threshold/1 min rest then 4 x 200/200. I'm following Daniels 5k which means lots of 200s and these have all been fairly slow lately (even for me). But maybe I just need to be more warmed up! The 200s today after the 3 x 1 mi were the fastest I've done in years. Of course a Friday workout isn't ideal as I might die during my LR tomorrow but so it goes.

I'm thinking of doing a 5k in 2 weeks to gauge current fitness. The course is completely flat but the first 0.25 mi and the last 0.25 mi are on a grass field 

Half Crazy K 2.0

20 minutes on the treadmill plus strength training.  Hoping DH stays away from the 1 neighbor. He said his 95+ yr old mom has covid (lives with them) and his grown son also does. He think he may have another sinus infection.  Well,  maybe, but, IDK, could be something else.....

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm thinking of doing a 5k in 2 weeks to gauge current fitness. The course is completely flat but the first 0.25 mi and the last 0.25 mi are on a grass field 

That would be miserable hete since there is usually frost or dew on the grass in the morning.

sdWhiskers

That would be miserable hete since there is usually frost or dew on the grass in the morning.

I'm more worried about gopher holes

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

6 miles easy running for me today.  I had the pleasure of a brief, light snowfall during the run that was pretty but didn't amount to anything.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

7.3 miles with 3 x 1 mi at threshold/1 min rest then 4 x 200/200. I'm following Daniels 5k which means lots of 200s and these have all been fairly slow lately (even for me). But maybe I just need to be more warmed up! The 200s today after the 3 x 1 mi were the fastest I've done in years. Of course a Friday workout isn't ideal as I might die during my LR tomorrow but so it goes.

McMillan likes to add 3x200m after a hard tempo interval workout. I can hear Greg laughing at me trying to get through them after exhausting myself on the original workout. Your LR will be OK, or at least will be a good test; the Pfitz plans have you racing a 10k Saturday and running 17-18 on Sunday. Pete gets a good laugh at us too.

We'll be running our 5k's at the same weekend! Except yours will be a cross country race, lol.

Dave

delicate flower

Word up homefries.  I swam early this morning....2700 yards.  I actually managed to get my three swims done this week, and I can thank DW for pushing me out the door for at least two of those.  She is so much better about getting up at 5:00 than I am.  Also, I ran 5 miles on the track at noon.  My left IT band is being cranky.  Not enough to impact my running, but enough to let me know it is there.

<3

sdWhiskers

Word up homefries.  I swam early this morning....2700 yards.  I actually managed to get my three swims done this week, and I can thank DW for pushing me out the door for at least two of those.  She is so much better about getting up at 5:00 than I am.  Also, I ran 5 miles on the track at noon.  My left IT band is being cranky.  Not enough to impact my running, but enough to let me know it is there.

Nice getting up at dark o'clock!

As usual, I'm jealous of your access to a track. Especially this morning as I'm running 200s and trying not to step in what I'm guessing was human feces.

Docket_Rocket

I couldn't bring Kahlua home because she is not spayed so they will do that next week. Oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I bought Red Sox tickets for the Friday before the Boston Marathon.  I'll be in town for the day for packet pickup and decided to go to a game and will drag two friends with me.  They are playing the Angels....Shohei Ohtani and Mike Trout!

<3

I bought Red Sox tickets for the Friday before the Boston Marathon.  I'll be in town for the day for packet pickup and decided to go to a game and will drag two friends with me.  They are playing the Angels....Shohei Ohtani and Mike Trout!

Awesomeness.

Dave