Beginners and Beyond

Weave Alert WednesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

There are currently 18 MPH winds and gusts of up to 28 outside. Betta whip out that chin strap and tighten down that hair piece boys and girls.

Also, today will be my first run in them ridiculous looking tights. Great.

...or just run on the treadmill. 4 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning. RD for me as I have the bankruptcy bar holiday party. I am only going because we paid for the staff to go (they love to go but cannot afford it).

LRB, go outside. 18mph winds are normal down here. Probably 70F warmer than yours but still... 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning, dailies!

I feel almost normal again after exponentially improving through yesterday, and even got in a quality workout split between the indoor track and the TM last night.  Weird cold - intensely miserable but short in duration.

A dusting of snow right now, with 5-8" possible today and another 3-5" tomorrow.  Those are considered flurries now.  Might break out the screw shoes and hit the roads.

Christmas shopping is done!  One strategic trip to Target before all the Canadians woke up and got there, the rest on Amazon.

delicate flower

WHAT IT DO THERE, HOSS!  7 miles early this morning in the cold (35 degrees) and rain.  It was cold and wet.  I treadmilled last night (8 miles of speedwork) and really didn't want to treadmill again this morning.

Alrighty then.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

For my run/walk after work yesterday:   62 degrees, no wind, low dewpoint and humidity.  Felt really good out there so just kept going....and going...and going.  The original plan was for 3 miles, but I ended up doing 5 miles, which I have not done in quite a while.   Felt great the whole way!  Ran through a local park and on part of the San Antonio Riverwalk.

This morning got up at 5 a.m. and headed to the university gym.   3 miles done in 32:29.  Beautiful morning for a run!   54 degrees, no wind, again low humidity and dew-point.   Nice quiet morning on the campus, very little traffic, just a couple of other runners and cyclists out....sweeet run/walk! 

Two very nice outings and enjoyed wearing shorts and singlet/running shirt and not having to 'layer up".    Pink Elephant

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I bet all the ladies just loooove you in tights, LRB.  

Kind of ironic, Damaris, that a BANKRUPTCY party was paid for... 

4 miles already done, Dave, or to do?  So....congrats!  Or....good luck!

Jay, feel free to come visit San Antonio anytime if you need to get away from that snow for a while.  I like seeing snow....on TV movies, etc...not in person!

Way to get out in that stuff, Baboon, and beat the weather!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

WHAT IT DO THERE, HOSS!  7 miles early this morning in the cold (35 degrees) and rain.  It was cold and wet.  I treadmilled last night (8 miles of speedwork) and really didn't want to treadmill again this morning.

Alrighty then.

When are you planning to start using your coach? When you start your spring marathon training?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Holy cow, Dailies, I honestly don't know how you can run in those cold temps. Two runs in Utah at 19 degrees were enough for me.

DaveP: Good stuff on the TM!

I was happy with yesterday's intervals. I hit the number I wanted on all five of my 800s and I seem to have recovered nicely. 45 minutes easy today before more rain comes in. We kept all the sandbags in place so at least I don't have to worry about that.

Have fun.

B-Plus

Day 2 of morning running is a fail. 6 later.

LRB

...or just run on the treadmill.  

In a word; hell no.  There will come a time for that but thankfully it was not today. lol

I am no stranger to high winds and low temps as the past two winters have been brutal (which you can attest) so when viewed through that lense today was a walk in the park....while wearing spandex. 

outoftheblue

Kudos to everyone heading out into the cold, wind, rain and snow to get their running in.   I'm such a treadmill wimp.

We have a supposedly "storm of the decade" coming our way tomorrow, with heavy rain, snow and near hurricane force winds.  There is a very good chance I'm going to lose power/internet, so if I go dark, that's why.  I'm going to head out to the store this morning and lay in some supplies.

I may venture onto the treadmill for 2 or 3 very easy miles today, just to loosen my legs up, which are feeling tight, but not really sore.  So the only thing that still really hurts is my side, where I got that stupid side stitch.

Life is good.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me

Marjorie

wearing spandex. 

report?

Dave

LRB

report?

It seemed as if all the cars passing were laughing at me, or was it me laughing at myself?  Probably the former.