Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #257 (Read 26 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hiking is still considered RD, right? No running for me today, damn it.

I joined a stupid challenge on Garmin from a women's running group on FB, 150 for September. I knew I'd surpass it but I've been extremely competitive because I've been in first place but I've had like 2 or 3 women just trailing on top of me this entire past week which has been pushing me out the door. I got a notification that one has passed me up today (probably doing the virtual Boston), but I'm ignoring it damn it, I'll pass them up this week when I get back to it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Congrats baboon 😀

off and will be for a while .... that’s okay, need to complete rest the quad. Did just 10mins if backward walking yesterday and even that seemed to bother it.  That’s okay

Cyberic

Ran 11 to cap off my biggest running week ever.

94.6 miles including

5 x (2000/200) on Tuesday

3 x (4000/400) on Thursday

18.6 miles of quality endurance (MP+10-20s) in my 20 miles yesterday.

And since I had done my LR on Sunday last week (a 3 hour 24.2 miler), my rolling 7 days total was 107.5 miles after yesterday's LR

I'm 3 weeks out from my marathon. It's still on. Yesterday they posted how it was going to work on Facebook. I'm ok with that. I'm not a big partyer in races anyways. I go there, I race, and I get the hell out. That's what we'll have to do. They're supposed to send us our starts times, and if we get there too early, we have to wait in our cars. If we get there too late, too bad. The only weird thing, for me, is that nobody is going to hand out the water/gels. They'll be there and we'll have to pick them up ourselves. Again, not ideal, but I'm ok with it.

Now, if people can just stop going to karaokes, getting lap dances, and doing huge private marriages for another 3 weeks...

onemile

94.6 miles including

And since I had done my LR on Sunday last week (a 3 hour 24.2 miler), my rolling 7 days total was 107.5 miles after yesterday's LR

I'm 3 weeks out from my marathon. It's still on. Yesterday they posted how it was going to work on Facebook. I'm ok with that. I'm not a big partyer in races anyways. I go there, I race, and I get the hell out. That's what we'll have to do. They're supposed to send us our starts times, and if we get there too early, we have to wait in our cars. If we get there too late, too bad. The only weird thing, for me, is that nobody is going to hand out the water/gels. They'll be there and we'll have to pick them up ourselves. Again, not ideal, but I'm ok with it.

Now, if people can just stop going to karaokes, getting lap dances, and doing huge private marriages for another 3 weeks...

Amazing work! I really hope it happens, you are gonna kill it!

LRB

I got a notification that one has passed me up today (probably doing the virtual Boston), but I'm ignoring it damn it, I'll pass them up this week when I get back to it.

LRB

94.6 miles including

Geezus man. It's going DOWN!

94.6 miles including

Boom!

Dave

Another day with AQI around 200, in the “very unhealthy” range. So looks like I’ll be taking the day off again.
                  That leaves me at 35 miles for the week. In addition to breaking my consecutive days streak yesterday, this breaks a string of 20 straight 60+ mile weeks and 34 straight 50+ mile weeks.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Nice workouts, Cy!

I have 17 at some point today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Another day with AQI around 200, in the “very unhealthy” range. So looks like I’ll be taking the day off again.
                      That leaves me at 35 miles for the week. In addition to breaking my consecutive days streak yesterday, this breaks a string of 20 straight 60+ mile weeks and 34 straight 50+ mile weeks.

Ouch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

4 easy.  Felt mostly ok, for running a day after a marathon.  Recovery shouldn't take too long.

<3

Cyberic

Geezus man. It's going DOWN!

So is the course.

Cyberic

Amazing work! I really hope it happens, you are gonna kill it!

Unless I screw up, which is something that can happen in a marathon, I think I'm in better shape than I was in 2018 when I raced that same course, and so I should PR.

Cyberic

Is the situation with the fires in the West getting a little better, stable , or getting worse?

delicate flower

<3