Beginners and Beyond

The truth about TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

LRB

Reality bites. But there are worse things...

Like running out of mustard.

hog4life

Today is my Friday! Lol, thanks to my silly rotating shift work, Im off Wed and Thur, go back in Fri nights. I did 7 miles last night after mowing the lawn, and after working 12 hours.

Rick, remind me never to sign up for an October marathon again, summer time training sucks!! Haha. We should plan to have a coffee or beer while I'm visiting the great state on MI.

Cyberic

Reality bites. But there are worse things...

Like running in Miami in the summer.

happylily

Speedwork tonight, 11 miles. Hopefully I have enough energy for it. This week is one of my "big" weeks, with a 15 mile MLR tomorrow and a 20 mile LR on Sunday.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Good morning!  Pretty good night of sleep last night, and I thank my dog for not getting me up before the alarm went off this morning.  My recovery week continues today with another off road triathlon tonight.  Coach said I could!  Oh yeah, I've enlisted the services of my coach again for the next 12 weeks heading into the Hartford Marathon.  ya herd

<3

StepbyStep-SH

About to go for a little spin on the bike with DS - assuming he can actually get dressed and we get out the door before commuting traffic gets too heavy. Then some stretching and PT exercises. 90 minutes of martial arts tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

We should plan to have a coffee or beer while I'm visiting the great state on MI.

If the stars align, we are going to do much more than that.

LRB

Rick, those sound like epically delicious grilled cheese sandwiches.

The recipe can be found here. They were delectable.

Jenny, I can see not liking them. It is an odd combination of ingredients.

Step, my ridiculous looking face is plastered all over the internet. I am not hiding from anyone.

I ran 6 this morning. It was an incredibly smooth run and went by in the blink of an eye.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Way to go, party pooper, LRB!

I have my allergy shot, a necessary nap due to the allergy shot, weights, and 6 miles tonight.  Good thing I am leaving the office at noon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My wife got me up at 3:30 this morning to take her to the airport for a conference she is going to in Vegas.  By the time she was ready to actually go, it was closer to 4:30, sheesh.  Dropped her off at the airport and then off to the local Y, which conveniently opens at 5 a.m.   I did a run/walk through the neighborhood and city park adjacent to the Y.  For getting up so early, I actually felt pretty good, so god in fact that although I was originally planning an easy 3-mile outing, I ended up doing hill work - 6 hills along the way of varying sizes, a couple of them pretty steep -  and completing 4.6 miles in 52 minutes.  Actually, I was out there a little longer than an hour, but I only recorded my actual run/walk time. I stopped my timer when  was in the park and walked down a trail to enjoy watching some deer that were out and about; and then on one of the hilltops, I walked down another trail and enjoyed seeing a beautiful sunrise come up over a golf course.  After each of those times I then restarted my timer when I got back to doing my/run walk.

I'll tell you what, though....running along the paved trails in the semi-darkness with woods on either side if you is kinda creepy.  I could hear 'critter sounds'  on either side of me - a skunk crossed the trail ahead of me at one point - I gave that one a wide berth! - and a couple of deer came barreling across the trail in front of me at another point, sheesh - and got a Wizard of Oz feeling...lions and tigers and bears, oh my! 

Glad I got my run/walk in this morning...weather folks have predicted the after-work temp will be 96 high with a heat index of 102, yikes! I much prefer warm weather over cold, but that is a bit too warm even for me.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

The recipe can be found here. They were delectable.

Jenny, I can see not liking them. It is an odd combination of ingredients.

It's the pound cake that gets me. Grilled cheese with pound cake? It just sounds like too much.

LRB

I'll tell you what, though....running along the paved trails in the semi-darkness with woods on either side if you is kinda creepy.  I could hear 'critter sounds'  on either side of me - a skunk crossed the trail ahead of me at one point - I gave that one a wide berth! - and a couple of deer came barreling across the trail in front of me at another point, sheesh - and got a Wizard of Oz feeling...lions and tigers and bears, oh my! 

I experience something similar on the Paint Creek Trail, it is creepy. Especially to a city boy such as myself.

I once thought I heard some huge animal snorting and tracking me, only to reach the clearing and see a group of hot air balloons overhead. 

LRB

It's the pound cake that gets me. Grilled cheese with pound cake? It just sounds like too much.

The richness of the Brie offset the pound cake nicely. The only sweetness came from the fig jam, and even it was subtle.

The sandwiches are really small, so there is not a lot of any one thing, but just enough of everything.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning all.

Got up at 3 this morning, ran 4.4 miles then headed to the gym for Back day, around 50 minutes there and then to the river front for another 3.2 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)