Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies for 10/5 (Read 37 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.7 miles that were pretty groovy.  Now, it's time to get to work.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Under a tropical storm warning since last night, but we are up and running.  Work, then Pilates tonight (unless they close the studio) and 4-5 miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran for 88 minutes geezus, which shall henceforth be known as 10 miles of SUCK. 

onemile

I ran for 88 minutes geezus, which shall henceforth be known as 10 miles of SUCK. 

After 12 miles yesterday, I bet.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No run this morning, Dorian was awake for most of the early morning with growing pains in his legs.....had me awake too.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Happy Wednesday!  I am not satisfied with the pace at which this week is progressing.  I've got a bike ride to do later.

<3

LRB

After 12 miles yesterday, I bet.

Yoga tonight. I'm thinking savasana for the entire hour. lol

delicate flower

So when guys have a race approaching, do you check your log history to see what kind of paces you were running in your hard workouts leading into prior races of the same distance?  Like, I keep checking my log to see what my tempo and LR paces were headed into my last three marathons, trying to figure out if I am behind or ahead of those paces.  My last three marathons were 3:23, 3:16, and 3:26, and I figure I am somewhere in there...

<3

So when guys have a race approaching, do you check your log history to see what kind of paces you were running in your hard workouts leading into prior races of the same distance?  Like, I keep checking my log to see what my tempo and LR paces were headed into my last three marathons, trying to figure out if I am behind or ahead of those paces.  My last three marathons were 3:23, 3:16, and 3:26, and I figure I am somewhere in there...

No. But maybe I should.

7 w/2 MP.

Dave

Zelanie

Morning.  I'll run something later.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

No, but then I also race by how I feel on race day rather than a specifically chosen pace.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bluerun

Super B****

After a night of something so aggravating it doesn't even deserve to be called "sleep," and because I promised myself an easy week after Sunday's race, I opted for 8.6 sleep-running miles on the AlterG.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Not exactly, but I do look to see what kind of activity I did prior to a successful race (like, did I cycle two days prior?).  Because I'm oddly "superstitious" like that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

For me, there are too many variables involved (mileage, cumulative fatigue, type and intensity of quality) to make an apples to apples comparison with long runs. I tend to look at the quality runs but even then, those same variables are at play.

Docket_Rocket

No, but I suck at racing...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page