Beginners and Beyond

Woo-hoo for Friday Penguins!! (Read 13 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

So I've been running around like crazy for about two weeks now, and FINALLY I will get a down day tomorrow.  Not Sunday, because I have a chorus management team meeting, but at least Saturday will be lovely.  Of course I'm already starting my personal to-do list, but it's all fun stuff like making soap, and DH promised me a bike ride inside a gated community.  So a good time will be had by all!!

What are y'all's plans for today and this weekend?  Good stuff all around, I hope!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning HSM.

My in-laws are coming tomorrow so I've been cleaning a bunch.  I'm hopeful I can get done a couple hours before they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow so that I can go for a short run.  This is to be determined of course.

Tonight we're going out to dinner with friends so that'll cut into cleaning time, but I miss my friends.  Now that we don't live in NYC I don't see them nearly enough Sad  I should just make time to see them because I am in the city a lot for work, but usually we did our socializing with them on the weekends and our weekends have been filled with doing house stuff.  We bought a two family home and are 90% done with our unit.  Then we'll repaint the rental unit and look for renters come January or February.   It'll be interesting to be a landlord.  Maybe I'll rent to someone who runs (though since we'll pay for water, maybe renting to sedentary people is better...)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

It's my Thursday but next week I'll be back on a normal week.

7 done this morning.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - enjoy your quiet day tomorrow.  Do something fun, not just errands and chores.

Jill - good luck with the in-laws. I hope you manage a run tomorrow.

PAD - Good job on the early 7.

It was really windy today, so I debated whether or not I even wanted to run, but since I missed a couple of days after my latest fall, I finally forced myself outside.  I picked a route that would have me starting into the wind so I could end with it at my back.  Didn't entirely work, of course, but it wasn't a bad run. Why doesn't it ever feel like the wind is helping when it's behind you?

Zelanie

I think I read something about how a tailwind scientifically doesn't help as much as a headwind hurts. Something about having to push through the air itself or somerhing.

I got my 12 with 10 @ MP done. Now we are off to a movie.

Jill, I am super impressed with all that you've been doing for the house. I'm glad you're getting some time for yourself too.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We also had the tailwind effect this morning.  Tried out my new capri's.  Nice when it's too cold for shorts and too warm for the tights.