Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #123 (Read 30 times)

Cyberic

Wake up! Iiiiiiittt's Saturday!

Cyberic

Got my run in. It's gorgeous out today so early morning was mandatory if I wanted to put in some intensity.

Ran 10.4ish with 4 x (2k /2min). I was thinking of how Onemile now runs at the same pace I do,  faster actually, when I was running my third rep. That hurts my ego a bit, but at the same time she's putting in the work, so it's well deserved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Woke up at 8:30am due to the midback soreness from the fucking mattress. Now that the stores are opening next week, I'll see if we can go next weekend to mattress shop.

I have 10 after breakfast and a short run tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Got my run in. It's gorgeous out today so early morning was mandatory if I wanted to put in some intensity.

Ran 10.4ish with 4 x (2k /2min). I was thinking of how Onemile now runs at the same pace I do,  faster actually, when I was running my third rep. That hurts my ego a bit, but at the same time she's putting in the work, so it's well deserved.

but think of how good this is for Onemile's ego

URP ran a couple workouts with me a few weeks ago and boy did it feel good to drop his ass 

RRP is copying my training schedule all my workouts now and for the most part still can drop me on the workouts but there have been a few where I am leading the pace for parts or where we essentially run the same paces (like the intervals on Thursday- I was pretty close to matching most of his and he had to work for it).

Cyberic

but think of how good this is for Onemile's ego

URP ran a couple workouts with me a few weeks ago and boy did it feel good to drop his ass 

RRP is copying my training schedule all my workouts now and for the most part still can drop me on the workouts but there have been a few where I am leading the pace for parts or where we essentially run the same paces (like the intervals on Thursday- I was pretty close to matching most of his and he had to work for it).

Have you kept on losing weight, or has it stabilized and you're simply getting faster from training hard?

onemile

Have you kept on losing weight, or has it stabilized and you're simply getting faster from training hard?

I think I gained it all back 

It's a lot easier for me to be motivated to train hard than to stick to a strict diet...

Cyberic

I think I gained it all back 

I was thinking about it just now and I kinda think I could still  beat you in a race, but I'm really not sure. My reasoning (or my hope) is that if I put in a solid 8-10 weeks of hard training,  my running sharpness would come back some, and I would edge you by a bit. But tomorrow morning, we race, I think you win.

onemile

I was thinking about it just now and I kinda think I could still  beat you in a race, but I'm really not sure. My reasoning (or my hope) is that if I put in a solid 8-10 weeks of hard training,  my running sharpness would come back some, and I would edge you by a bit. But tomorrow morning, we race, I think you win.

Also, I suspect I am running the workouts at a harder effort than you

Virtual race!

Dave

4, elevated...legs were going faster than I planned.

Half dirt over bumps, half park access road for some left and right road crown.

MCM only 25 weeks from now 

Cyberic

Virtual race!

I'm not down for virtual races.

onemile

+1

Well sure, not one you’re going to lose. 

Dave

onemile

Well sure, not one you’re going to lose. 

lol

Cyberic