Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES; Let the countdown begin! (Read 50 times)

LRB

Hi.

It's a short work week for me which means it's going to be kRaZy as I get 5 days worth of work crammed into 3. It's cool though because come Wednesday at 5:00 PM, I will be the ghostest with the mostest!

What's up wit cha?

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread.

Thankfully, I have a regular work week this week.

Tonight, I'll run at the gym.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good Morning!

I got in 10.1 miles in rain and a lot of wind.  It wasn't too bad, considering.

I think it's a 2 day week for me, but I might have to work a little Wednesday.  I won't complain either way.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  I swam this morning.  2500 yards.  Tiring workout.  4 mile run later today.

I would like to go back to bed now please.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

It's a normal five-day workweek for me.    Except I'm taking off on Wednesday because my hair needs a change.

7.65 miles today -- and I ran 5.8 of them.  I know this because I turned off auto lap, since I wanted to do a time trial of sorts and see if I could meet my prediction for my New Year's Day handicap race.  Um.  I think I overestimated how much fitness I lost, because I gave myself a three minute cushion (and change), and I just ran seven seconds off my PR.  Oops?

Of course, my foot is slightly less than thrilled with me now. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning weirdos :P

I am so happy to say this is a rest day, I didn't have to get up early, though Dorian has been up since 6....... he's got the early bird disorder.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Some of you saw on FB, but my race did not go well on Sat.  Completely my fault tho, it wasn't even a rookie mistake, I don't know what level it was on. lol

Imagine running the first half of a marathon at HM pace and what the rest of the marathon would look like after that, that's pretty much how it went down. (edit - not even the first half, more like the first 2/3 lol)

I've never crashed in a race before, so I guess when I decided to have my first crash, I'd go big.  The wheels started coming off around mile 24, which in a marathon, wouldn't have been so bad, except I had 7 more miles to go.  By mile 27 I was walking and had mentally quit.  Then I started doing the math and realized how long it would take me to walk another 4 miles, and decided that I would run, with whatever I had left, which wasn't much.  Then caught up to another guy who was walking (we had gone back and forth a couple of times over the last mile), I told him, "Me and you buddy, whatever we have left, we've got less than four miles left, we're gonna run it in".  So we did, and we started talking and distracted each other, and the pace picked back up and we both finished strong.  He actually had a pretty solid PR, so that was cool.

Had I stayed with the group that I started with, for at least the first loop, instead of stupidly pulling away, I probably would have PR'd and taken 2nd place Masters.  But I guess any day you don't die and you can learn something is still a good day.  In retrospect, I'm probably in 4:10-4:12 shape, but ended up with 4:43:21.  I have either PR'd, AG'd or even place OA in every other race I've run this year, so I guess I can handle one bad race.  Just sucks that my training went so well and then I threw it away with horrible, horrible racing.  I'll redeem myself there next year!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

Ran 11 this morning. I love being on vacation. Most people I know in real life do not train during vacation. They come back in January all bloated and start training again. I, on the other hand, train more since I have more free time.

Shower time, and I need to go get a passport renewal. That is gonna suck. I'll probably wait for over an hour before I get to pass.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Some of you saw on FB, but my race did not go well on Sat.  Completely my fault tho, it wasn't even a rookie mistake, I don't know what level it was on. lol

Imagine running the first half of a marathon at HM pace and what the rest of the marathon would look like after that, that's pretty much how it went down. (edit - not even the first half, more like the first 2/3 lol)

I've never crashed in a race before, so I guess when I decided to have my first crash, I'd go big.  The wheels started coming off around mile 24, which in a marathon, wouldn't have been so bad, except I had 7 more miles to go.  By mile 27 I was walking and had mentally quit.  Then I started doing the math and realized how long it would take me to walk another 4 miles, and decided that I would run, with whatever I had left, which wasn't much.  Then caught up to another guy who was walking (we had gone back and forth a couple of times over the last mile), I told him, "Me and you buddy, whatever we have left, we've got less than four miles left, we're gonna run it in".  So we did, and we started talking and distracted each other, and the pace picked back up and we both finished strong.  He actually had a pretty solid PR, so that was cool.

Had I stayed with the group that I started with, for at least the first loop, instead of stupidly pulling away, I probably would have PR'd and taken 2nd place Masters.  But I guess any day you don't die and you can learn something is still a good day.  In retrospect, I'm probably in 4:10-4:12 shape, but ended up with 4:43:21.  I have either PR'd, AG'd or even place OA in every other race I've run this year, so I guess I can handle one bad race.  Just sucks that my training went so well and then I threw it away with horrible, horrible racing.  I'll redeem myself there next year!

You live you learn, and you finished. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

YOU GET WHAT YOU GET AND YOU DON'T GET UPSET. 

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

Ran 11 this morning. I love being on vacation. Most people I know in real life do not train during vacation. They come back in January all bloated and start training again. I, on the other hand, train more since I have more free time.

And this is why you run faster than those people.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Lucky those with Thursday off. We are working through Thursday.

5-6 and weights tonight. Hoping I can breathe better today. Since we are back to it's fucking hot, I might have to run on the TM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sorry about your race, D2.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

YOU GET WHAT YOU GET AND YOU DON'T GET UPSET. 

ETA since some things don't come across well in writing: I am not belittling that you had a sucky race experience.

chasing the impossible

Mmmmm...beer

You live you learn, and you finished. Smile

Definitely.  Part of what motivated me to stop the pity party and get back to running at mile 27, was watching people coming towards me, who still had 10-11 miles to go in the race, and they were running.  So I told myself, "Self, if they can run, then you can too!".

ETA since some things don't come across well in writing: I am not belittling that you had a sucky race experience.

No worries, I understood.   My suckage was fully self induced.  Training was perfect, weather was perfect, execution was horrible. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!