Beginners and Beyond

Viva Las Thursdailies (Read 23 times)

Another 6 miles on the strip—33 degrees! A bit sluggish, starting to feel the late nights and extra imbibing.

Dave

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles for me today on the tm. I didn't feel like dressing for the weather. Drizzly and windy.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! Spent all morning doing 4 meetings of creditors from hell. With 20 attendees which means I had to write each person and who they represented since we are doing these by phone. Sigh.

6 later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

7 miles with 3x200, 2x1 mile threshold/1min jog, 3x200. I'm following the plan that I did in early 2020 for my 5k PR. However, paces are quite a bit slower. I plan to do a few 5k's with Carlsbad 5000 as a goal race in early April. Let's see if I can focus on the shorter faster intervals for that long, usually after a month I'm over it.

delicate flower

Swam 2700 yards before work, and did a tough one hour bike workout during lunch.

I watched the final episode of season two of Alice in Borderland and it was a huge disappointment.

<3

Slow swam 1287.5…. Whopper right foot cramp; from the ball of the right foot, inside edge of arch to the heel!   Odd location.

But I had planned for this, been using pool with most the lap lanes shallow.

glass-half full:  after showering and walking up to the parking lot had big discomfort in the mid right hams for about 4-5 minutes; then it was gone.  Big swims seem to be attacking a problem area… and the problem area counter attacking.  
              And for the last several hours been feeling the forefoot, the fascia between the toes

Docket_Rocket

Rainy and 50mph gusts so 6 on the TM followed by weights. My lower back was hurting since I woke up but running and lifting seems to make it less so.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day.

Daffy, Happy Birthday!

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, Daffy!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.1 miles done this morning. Brisk morning for we South Texans, with the temps in the 50s.  That is cold for us, lol.  Started and finished at one of the local Y's.

Felt pretty good the whole way.  Run/walk went well.  Getting home, not so much.  Forgot about the school across the stree from the Y and got caught up in all that 'drop the kids off' traffic.  Took me longer to get home than it did to do the run, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Slow swam 1287.5…. Whopper right foot cramp; from the ball of the right foot, inside edge of arch to the heel!   Odd location.

But I had planned for this, been using pool with most the lap lanes shallow.

glass-half full:  after showering and walking up to the parking lot had big discomfort in the mid right hams for about 4-5 minutes; then it was gone.  Big swims seem to be attacking a problem area… and the problem area counter attacking.  
                        And for the last several hours been feeling the forefoot, the fascia between the toes

Happy birthday, Daffy!

Get a golf ball, take your socks off, and lift that golf ball with your toes 10 - 20 times. Lift; drop the golf ball; repeat.  It really does help with stuff in your foot.  Then roll your foot on the golf ball for 5 - 10 minutes, will help with Plantar Fasciitis, etc.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

nutso day at work but got a treadmill run done tonight on the way home. 3.5 miles with some 1' tempos thrown in. Felt pretty good.

heading "up north" tomorrow to do some skiing Fri evening and Sat. Head home Sunday. Didn't ski at all last year so the first few runs will be an adventure!

happy bday Daffy!

GinnyinPA

Happy Birthday Daffy.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy birthday,  daffy!!!!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**