Beginners and Beyond

Shunamitism Saturdailies! (Read 41 times)

delicate flower

I did 5.5 on the rail trail this morning!

woot woooooot!

11 easy miles for me.  7 with a tired MBC, 4 solo.

<3

Hip Redux

You are back running! Yeah!!

Now if only I could be back running painfree, I'd be golden!   No fainting issues though, so that's a definite plus.  The groin on the other hand... meh.

Docket_Rocket

Me too.

Things have been going much better since my knee injury, although I am always worried about tempting the running gods.

Ran 15 today with zero knee pain, the longest run since my marathon 5 months ago, and since the knee problems started. And completed my 2nd straight 30-mile week. Hoping to continue to ramp back up, have a solid winter's training, and an April marathon. But I am getting way ahead of myself (what else is there to think about while running?), really just taking it one week at a time. Feeling good.

Best of luck to all the racers!

MTA: now going out to rake the effing leaves. Not feeling nearly as goo about that.

Awesome news about the knee!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Now if only I could be back running painfree, I'd be golden!   No fainting issues though, so that's a definite plus.  The groin on the other hand... meh.

Yeah!  And yes, baby steps.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Recovery miles done this afternoon.  I think the hardest part of this training plan is going to be making myself run slow for the recovery runs.  Every time I looked at my watch, I was going too fast. lol

Way to go Robert, congrats!!

Woohoo for Oski and Dave too! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

I got six miles in today,which was probaBly a mile further than I should've. the knee is barking a bit, plus the wind was blowing 25-30mph. I'm beat.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

delicate flower

Me too.

Things have been going much better since my knee injury, although I am always worried about tempting the running gods.

Ran 15 today with zero knee pain, the longest run since my marathon 5 months ago, and since the knee problems started. And completed my 2nd straight 30-mile week. Hoping to continue to ramp back up, have a solid winter's training, and an April marathon. But I am getting way ahead of myself (what else is there to think about while running?), really just taking it one week at a time. Feeling good.

Good stuff, Dave.  Nice to hear things are coming around.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Hubby did 10 miles.  I did 8 with him and went back home.  Did 1/2 at my pace and all systems are go.  But his pace makes my legs feel dead.  I guess that is normal when you run 3mm slower than your usual.  Thoughts?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

D- I wonder if your stride changes with that pace change?  I notice that I start to feel really heavy and clompy when I get about a minute slower than my normal easy pace.  I'm guessing that's because I have a different stride at that pace (although it could just be that on the days I feel bad enough to run that slowly, I have bad form, hehe!)  Maybe it's something similar, though?

delicate flower

Hubby did 10 miles.  I did 8 with him and went back home.  Did 1/2 at my pace and all systems are go.  But his pace makes my legs feel dead.  I guess that is normal when you run 3mm slower than your usual.  Thoughts?

I ran 7 miles with MBC at her easy pace (9:45ish), then did 4 miles myself, and I could not go any faster than 8:45 pace without really pushing.  My easy runs are usually in the 8:15 range.  The first 7 miles were an easy jog, but for some reason it was very difficult to pick up the speed after that.  My legs just wouldn't turn over.  My heart rate stayed low though.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, I was thinking about a change of stride or form.

Damaris

Fundraising Page