Beginners and Beyond

Happy SaturDailies (Read 30 times)

Cyberic

LRB

lol

Cyberic

I'll run some easy miles this morning during DD's soccer practice. 8-9 is the goal.

What about you? And you? And you too?

LRB

And you?

I'm up early to get a jog in before the sun gets too high in the sky. Saturday is normally track day, but I haven't been feeling the energy lately so I'll pass ffs.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 early miles.  This is a work weekend for me, and I'm trying to fake some enthusiasm.  I'll be fine after I get started.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Heading out to my parents' for the day in Western MD.

LRB

7 in 70 with a dew point of 65. I know that's small potatoes for those in the south, but I don't live down there so them's some big ass 'taters for me. lol

I did well to get that bitch done before the sun commands the sky. A lesson learned from disastrous runs of the past.

LRB

Oh, and two things of significance occurred during my run; there was a point where I actually forgot that I was running, and another where I didn't know what mile I was in.

#winning

No more marathons

10 miles this morning.

Ran through the race course for our annual White Squirrel Festival 5K and 10K.

Decided to skip it this year - let someone else win the age group for a change.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Not sure what I'll run today, either my LR or 7 with some strides.  Thought of running a 5K on Monday but I saw the forecast and I'm not sure.  So, not sure.  We just lubricated the TM deck and this time we didn't almost destroy the belt so I call that a win.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

"Easy" bike ride in Vermont.  38 miles at 13.3 mph.  OMG HILLS.  Maybe a run later.  I've got four miles to do.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well that blew ass......

Normally my garmin is always 2-3 miles off from the course on a trail marathon while maybe 1-2 miles off of a trail half marathon so I'm used to not even going off of what it says. But During the first loop everything was going good until I got to this fork where the "yellow" trail went right and the "blue" trail went left. Up until this point they had yellow tape and even arrows guiding you, I wasn't alone... there were two women who I had followed last year and this other guy who I didn't recognize. The women chose left, and I followed...... I had almost turned back... but didn't and we lost 2 miles on the first loop.

Second loop was even harder, and then my cursed brain started thinking about root beer floats, ice cold water and fruit..........

Knowing how my garmin is normally 2-3 miles off, but that I also lost 2 miles myself.... I would say I managed around 24 miles and I wasn't going to try and make up for it.

Finish time: 4:58:08

Feeling...... extremely tired, hot and blah

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Congrats/sorry FS, that sounds pretty sucky.

Had 6+strides on the makeshift schedule. But around mile 5, my brain started doing some churning:

1. Since my HM is on a Saturday, should I be doing my LRs on Saturdays?

2. DW has plans for me tomorrow, so she might not be too happy to wait till after a 2 hr run.

3. Legs are feeling good.

So I ended up doing the 14 miles I had planned for tomorrow. Average pace of 8:38, which I'm happy with. Finished in 2:01:02; my first HM race  time was 2:01:30.

Also, it was raining. Since I didn't really expect that, or to be out that long, I started to get a bit worried about chafing issues. So pulled a D2 and ran the last 8 shirtless, my the first time ever.

Dave

Oh, and two things of significance occurred during my run; there was a point where I actually forgot that I was running, and another where I didn't know what mile I was in.

#winning

That is the best feeling.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Okay..... looking back I might say it was brutal but didn't really blow ass..... but it was brutal.

If it wasn't so hot and muggy... I'd probably go out for an easy 5 miler..... but I'm tired, I've got a headache and need a nap but I've got some errands to run later.

To be honest I am a little, a lot pissed off that I got lost and lost 2 miles out of my already screwed up garmin. It's almost that I just don't feel that I earned the finisher's medal.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)