Beginners and Beyond

PengWEDailies (Read 22 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

6 for me this morning.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning PAD and Pens.  Have a good 6, PAD.

Possible URD due to small back spasm that started yesterday.  Maybe I should have have taken the RD yesterday.

Have a sweet National Chocolate Day !!!

Zelanie

Morning, PAD!  Nice 6!

Jerry, a RD just means you have more time to celebrate!  Hope the back feels better!

I am going up to Portland with DH after work for a book signing.  DD wanted to go too, but she is heading to Ashland with school to watch some more Shakespeare.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I had a 9:30 meeting this morning, which I almost missed due to a wreck on the highway.  People forget that when it's raining, a little extra following distance is a good thing!  Anyway, quartet rehearsal tonight, so that's all good.  

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 6 done!!

Jerryb -- sorry about the back spasm, hope you feel better!!

Zelanie -- enjoy the book signing!!

From yesterday -- Docket, it's just Pandora's Spanish radio.  I don't speak the language, and most of the time I have no idea who the artist is either.  It's just nice and upbeat.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!

I'm heading down to the treadmill for a few easy miles.  I'd prefer to be outside but it is raining and I'm not supposed to get water in my eyes re: LASIK.  I have a followup appointment for that today, so I'll have to see what the doctor says.  My right eye is still a lot worse than my left.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

PAD - good job on the early miles.

Jerry - I hope the back is feeling better now.  Did you do something specific, or is it just tired?

Z - which author?  Have fun in Portland.

HM - I'm glad you weren't too late.  Have fun at chorus tonight.

Jill - Good luck at the doctor's.

AFM:  dreary drizzly day here, so I'll do a few easy miles on the TM later.  I'd rather curl up in bed and take a nap.  We got soaked walking Ben, but I can't complain because we need the rain.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon.  Spent all morning in court.  Something short for me this week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

20/15 left eye 20/20 right eye. Next appointment is in three months. Too bad they aren't both 20/15 Tongue

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

I think that's what I ended up having.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Jill - that's great news.  How do they feel?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

PADRunner

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zelanie

Klompus!