Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Back To The Basics (Read 29 times)

LRB

Hi.

The seventh day is for running long rest and so I shall. Of course it's a beautiful morning for running but I am reluctantly going to pass on the chance to do stupid and instead, give my body a break.

You?

Cyberic

Today is my annual 50K, and as usual a beautiful day. But I'm passing my turn this year. Because I'm flying to the UK!

LRB

Today is my annual 50K, and as usual a beautiful day. But I'm passing my turn this year. Because I'm flying to the UK!

Also known as winning. 

LRB

I have two huge avocados that I must use today or they will be blacker than a black hole by tomorrow. Looks like I'll be getting plenty of the healthy fats in one form or another. Avocado cereal perhaps? 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I have two huge avocados that I must use today or they will be blacker than a black hole by tomorrow. Looks like I'll be getting plenty of the healthy fats in one form or another. Avocado cereal perhaps? 

Avocado and brie sandwich toasted?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Avocado and brie sandwich toasted?

That's pretty close! Substitute the brie for provolone and add pesto and spinach...because that's what I have.

Avocado?  One of my favorite lunches is poaching frozen salmon in Herdez salsa and serving it over sliced avocado😀

frizen salmon as it is only $3.97 a pound at Walmart.

5mi modest hill repeats with 2 miles of left and right road crown.... running is  cockamamie for me.
                I normally don’t run on back-to-back days but  the inside right ham tightened up and I stopped at 7.2, then in the afternoon I got lots of odd stuff going on in the hams including one that got really painful for an hour... but then it stopped and was like it never happened.  So this morning while gutter walking I reminded myself that the only way to break adhesion fibers is to stress the adhesion fibers, so on the way to hop in the pool I stopped at my hill repeat hill to see if anything would shake out.   At a half mi the inside ham got a little snug but never got tight, so I did 5 and never hopped in the pool.

Docket_Rocket

I eat an avocado A DAY so git.  Make some guacamole and then use the other one for dinner or something.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Have fun!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 12 miles with some 5K pickups but I will run it this afternoon. My back and knee are sore from kickboxing the other day so I'll wait until later in the day when both wake up.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Avocado on toast for me this morning too, with nothing else on it other than salt & pepper. If I had brie, I’d definitely use it. Lunch yesterday was a tuna sandwich with avocado and tomato.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Avocado on toast for me this morning too, with nothing else on it other than salt & pepper. If I had brie, I’d definitely use it. Lunch yesterday was a tuna sandwich with avocado and tomato.

I make those tuna sandwiches a lot!  Yum.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

This stuff is da bomb.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I've never tried that, but it sounds yummy.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 87 miles on sloppy wet roads.  I got lucky and didn't run into any rain, so I'll call it a win.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.