Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdaiilies - Would you believe hot and humid? (Read 34 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I got in 44 miles on wheels.  It was low 70s, humid, and cloudy (again).  I guess it must be that time of year.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 4 miles and kickboxing or weights.

In court today, where I barely made it.  Had a flat tire in front of it, so at least I was able to park the car.  Now to wait hubby to come for help.  Poor man.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning,

Hope you all have good days!

pleasant...you're so consistent with the riding - very nice!

docket...ha, poor husband. I'm sure he mostly doesn't mind helping you out Smile Enjoy the evening workouts.

blue...glad you were able to get the miles in after you said you definitely couldn't have run yesterday.

Had a decent 5+ last night, but definitely running through a cold. I'm not entirely miserable and I'm sure it's just a head cold, but it isn't a lot of fun either. Group run tonight and then bed immediately after, which is pretty much what I've done every day this week - work, run, sleep.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

So glad I waited a day.  Temp and DP 10 degrees cooler today.  66 out the door for 8 x 600m run / 400m recovery.  Same run distance as last week's 12 x 400/400, but more time running and less time recovering.  I had to push for the last two sets.  Next week's 800s should be fun.  Sorry for those still experiencing the humidity.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

'Morning.  Another full day of meetings.  Well, technically meeting, singular.  At least it's interesting stuff, as work goes.

2600 yard swim done this morning.  Track workout later.  My legs are a little tired from last night's bike trainer ass kicker.

<3

onemile

I had a workout of 10x600m w/ 2 min recoveries. It was rough, man.

KCRuns

Thanks to Docket, I now also own an INB pirate skirt.  I really am done shopping.  I'm going to have to sneak this stuff into the house, bury it deep in the bottom of my running drawer, and then "discover" it as something I forgot I bought forever ago   Y'all are a bad good influence.

Anyway, I opted to sleep in this morning, so I will go to the gym during lunch.  The plan calls for 5ish easy.

sdWhiskers

Rest day and of course it's the coolest morning we've had in weeks.

I have a big presentation to give on Friday at a conference. Which means I won't sleep/eat/exist properly until it's over. No matter how well prepared for these I am, I can never stop this insane fear-anxiety response to public speaking from taking over. I should wear my HR monitor for the next few days to see what my true max is, ha

Half Crazy K 2.0

KC, DH is doing work in our spare bedroom/gym/where I keep running shoes. He doesn't think one needs several pairs.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks to Docket, I now also own an INB pirate skirt.  I really am done shopping.  I'm going to have to sneak this stuff into the house, bury it deep in the bottom of my running drawer, and then "discover" it as something I forgot I bought forever ago   Y'all are a bad good influence.

Anyway, I opted to sleep in this morning, so I will go to the gym during lunch.  The plan calls for 5ish easy.

My work here is done!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

KC, DH is doing work in our spare bedroom/gym/where I keep running shoes. He doesn't think one needs several pairs.

But of course you need several pairs, both in rotation and in reserve Smile  My DH understands the shoes and is always searching for a good deal for me. He would much rather I have several pairs in reserve that he paid half price for than buying them at full retail value.

Half Crazy K 2.0

But of course you need several pairs, both in rotation and in reserve Smile  My DH understands the shoes and is always searching for a good deal for me. He would much rather I have several pairs in reserve that he paid half price for than buying them at full retail value.

He doesn't know about the reserves 

LRB

I had a workout of 10x600m w/ 2 min recoveries. It was rough, man.

And so it begins...

I haven't run at all this week and it's been great. I've been diagnosed with FTS and haven't been in any hurry to seek a cure. With a half marathon on 9.23 and a mile/5k combo on 10.20 however, I'll be needing to get it in gear soon enough. Wah.

bluerun

Super B****

And so it begins...

I haven't run at all this week and it's been great. I've been diagnosed with FTS and haven't been in any hurry to seek a cure. With a half marathon on 9.23 and a mile/5k combo on 10.20 however, I'll be needing to get it in gear soon enough. Wah.

Isn't this a congenital condition?  At least, for me it is

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog