Beginners and Beyond

Treadmilling Tuesday Penguins (Read 19 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning pens!

6 miles (maybe 7) for me on the treadmill today.  I have friends visiting me/staying with me over the weekend.  I was thinking of therefore cutting my 16 miler this weekend down to a more reasonable 10 or 11 and upping the midweek mileage a bit.  Either that or split the run such that I do 10 in the morning on Sunday and then 6 in the evening on Sunday after they've left.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 miles (on the treadmill, of course) tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Morning. 6 done & group later. Still on the streets. It may even rain in the next couple of days and It would be great to run in it.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ran on the university campus this morning.  Forgot that the first day of classes for Fall Semester start today, so traffic - both vehicle and pedestrian - was craaazy on the campus. Even so, managed not to get hit by anything and ended up with 3.5 miles done.  It was VERY humid.  I felt like the Pillsbury Doughboy out there, baking evenly for 38 minutes in 'the oven' ...   Tongue

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Alter-G at 3 PM! I am excited Big grin Good thing I wore gym clothes and running shoes to work!

GinnyinPA

sapf - splitting the run would work, or perhaps you could run it a different day?

D - have fun at Pilates and on the TM

PAD - enjoy your double today.  I hope you get some rain to cool things off.

Scotty - good job on your run this a.m.  How could you forget that school was starting today?  When I worked at a university, everything was geared to the semesters.  I can certainly believe the insanity.

Lauren - I think you'll enjoy the alter-G.  Have fun.

I have eight today.  It's cloudy and may (I hope) rain later, so the temps are down a bit but the humidity is high.  I'm really tempted to run outside and see how it goes.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

5.5 done this morning with my club.  My quads and glutes were very sore from yesterday's TRX workout.  

From the Internet.

Ahh that was nice. 3.66 miles/35 minutes, progression up to ~5K pace. Started off at 30% body weight and ended at 45% - my podiatrist told me to start off at 25-30%, I didn't want to get too crazy at this point in the recovery process but I felt like 30% put me too far onto my toes, which is exactly what I'm trying NOT to stress and re-break.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Hi Penguins!  Been a while -- traveled with work, and got to run along Puget Sound, which was lovely.  Been having a bit of hip pain that I think is either because my shoes are worn out, or because I've outgrown my inserts and now my stability shoe + insert combination is overcorrecting.  Either way, been ellipticaling a bit more this week but hoping to run 5 tomorrow morning.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Rare sub 10:00 short run today.  Something in the air, I guess.

Nice work trip, emmbee.

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.3 miles this morning for me.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

TM today for me because it is HOT outside again.  Ran 8.

Lots to say, but I need to run.  I'll start with sapf- I think a LR as little as once every 2 weeks is just fine. Smile

And a shout out to Lauren for her alter-G run and Robert for checking in.

Hiya, emm!

GinnyinPA

I decided to brave the heat - big mistake. It rained for a few minutes, which should have cooled things off, but mostly just made the air more steamy.  Soon after I headed out, the clouds cleared away. I really overheated. It was an awful run which I cut short because I felt so nauseous and weak.  Walking didn't help.  I ended up doing the last 2.2 on the TM after a break.  I did the 8 miles, but it wasn't pretty.

Zelanie

Ginny- Hope you're feeling better now.  Glad you made it in safely.