Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

Hi.

Rest day. Thank you, as I am feeling a little rough at the moment. I will be mailing a big ass cashier's check to the Feds at some point today, that should finish me off. lol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have either 5 or an RD, and most likely taking the RD.  Feeling great but don't want to push it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Do people wear their so-called racing shoes only for races, or also for speed workouts?

Depends on the people, I guess.

I used to run a lot in my racing shoes to be very used to them, but then I realized that the companies keep changing the models all the time, so I'm "saving" the race shoes I love for 1 or 2 training runs before racing, and races.

Cyberic

Ran a bit shy of 5. Will run back home this evening, with some strides. It will be something like 76 degrees and sunny 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

RD.  Again.  Time to work.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

Do people wear their so-called racing shoes only for races, or also for speed workouts?

I wear mine for speedwork and races.  I have one model that I wear for intervals, tempos and shorter races and one that I wear for long run workouts and marathon races.  Both feel significantly lighter and faster than my Ghosts (or the Ravenna/Adrenaline)

onemile

It will be something like 76 degrees and sunny 

That was here yesterday. Today it will be as warm but with some storms passing through

delicate flower

Tired and groggy this morning.    Wake up, self!  I turned off the alarm last night and slept in this morning, missing my swim.  I didn't want to wake DW up on her off day.  I'll try to bug out of work a little early to get the swim done.  I also have a short run to do.

Yep, it looks like summer arrives today.  Spring lasted two days.

<3

delicate flower

BTW my coach gave the ok to run a 10K this upcoming Saturday but I have decided against it.  I've got a pretty big training week ahead of me and I don't imagine my legs will be in great racing shape come Saturday.  I'll do my long bike ride instead (looking forward to it), then run 12 miles Easter morning.

<3

LRB

Morning!  I have either 5 or an RD, and most likely taking the RD.  Feeling great but don't want to push it.

Are you a fan of the Furious franchise? The next one comes out this weekend?

I wear mine for speedwork and races.  I have one model that I wear for intervals, tempos and shorter races and one that I wear for long run workouts and marathon races.  Both feel significantly lighter and faster than my Ghosts (or the Ravenna/Adrenaline)

Not making any commitments, but I was looking at the Brooks Hyperion. It's apparently 6.4 oz - over 4 oz less than my usual shoes. Which sounded like a lot, until I realized that if I stopped eating so friggin' much and actually lost a few pounds, that would make more impact without spending a bunch of money. 

Also - often the first thing you are generally supposed to determine when looking for shoes is whether you are support or neutral. I've always worn support shoes, but since I started wearing the Ghost, now I have one of each. I've put 250 miles on them already, and don't seem to have any problems, so apparently I'm fine either way? Either that makes things simpler, or more confusing.

MTA: back to my usual Monday SRD. Thank God.

Dave

onemile

Not making any commitments, but I was looking at the Brooks Hyperion. It's apparently 6.4 oz - over 4 oz less than my usual shoes. Which sounded like a lot, until I realized that if I stopped eating so friggin' much and actually lost a few pounds, that would make more impact without spending a bunch of money. 

Also - often the first thing you are generally supposed to determine when looking for shoes is whether you are support or neutral. I've always worn support shoes, but since I started wearing the Ghost, now I have one of each. I've put 250 miles on them already, and don't seem to have any problems, so apparently I'm fine either way? Either that makes things simpler, or more confusing.

MTA: back to my usual Monday SRD. Thank God.

I tried those on at the LRS. I liked them but ended up with the Adidas which I liked a little more

Buying new shoes is easier than losing a few lbs 

onemile

I have an optional rest day today but I am leaning toward running because I have a workout tomorrow and I'll feel better for it if I do run today because somehow I always feel like garbage after taking a rest day

Docket_Rocket

Are you a fan of the Furious franchise? The next one comes out this weekend?

Yes!  I can't wait.  It won't be the same without Paul Walker, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I have an optional rest day today but I am leaning toward running because I have a workout tomorrow and I'll feel better for it if I do run today because somehow I always feel like garbage after taking a rest day

I have found that to be the case as well, when the rest day follows a super duper long or heavy week that is. It's totally bizarre.