Beginners and Beyond

The Bermuda Triangle Challenge, Lily's 10th marathon (RRs and pics) (Read 205 times)

cmb4314

Congrats, speedy lady!

Note to self - go to Bermuda Big grin

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Just B.S.

Julie, if you didn't get all the photos you might have wanted I have some really great shots from around the island. If

you want any scenery shots to enlarge I would be happy to send you the jpegs. I have dozens of different ones.

happylily

Jeeze, Beth, way to make my pictures look blah, now. Big grin If you take my picture with your camera, can you make me look pretty and glowing? Big grin

I would LOVE to have some of those beautiful pictures as a souvenir of the island! I'll send you my e-mail, later today. Thanks so much!!!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I can deal with being slow.  I crave lily's abs though.

exactly my thoughts

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I can deal with being slow.  I crave lily's abs though.

Now you all stop with this abs silliness. I don't have abs, I have ribs. Old lady's ribs. Big grin OTH, Scott has great abs and he works hard for them! Cool

Just B.S.

Jeeze, Beth, way to make my pictures look blah, now. Big grin If you take my picture with your camera, can you make me look pretty and glowing? Big grin

I would LOVE to have some of those beautiful pictures as a souvenir of the island! I'll send you my e-mail, later today. Thanks so much!!!

I dont think that would be a problem!LOL

I will console myself that if I can't run as fast as you at least I take better photos!LOL

CrisRuns

Best RR and pictures ever! Great job!

Anomalous

I've heard  so many amazing things about this race!! You're RR just solidified it! Congratulations!!!

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

You are in incredible shape, wow.  Congratulations!!

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Thanks... it's coming up on three years since I actually started learning it Smile.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

delicate flower

What a great report, lily!  Congratulations on another fine marathon performance.

<3

SheCan

Lily, I didn't have time to read this yet, but I looked over the pictures, and WOW, how beautiful!  I couldn't even imagine up a prettier location for a race and a get-away.  And of course, the pics of you are always gorgeous.  Congratulations for another marathon, and for showing us all what determination can accomplish.  And I promise, I will read it soon!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Dayum, of course they had to drug-test you, you're that fast there!! I love your RR's, they're always so much detail and wonderful pictures, both of the race and of the venue/city itself. And besides, seeing HL in a bikini also makes this a 10 out of 10! Big grin

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

paulski66

miscreant

Nicely done, Lily. Nicely done...

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

happylily

LTH, a cheque from the hands of Bart Yasso himself? Wow! Congratulations! You're good... Big grin

Mandy, did I hear you say never? As in "NEVER"? That's a long time... But for you, I'll try. :-) Thanks, sweetie!

Blue, thank you! I hope you had a great run last Sunday.:-)

Kristin, thank you so much for your kindness!

Pink, thank you, friend!

wcrunner, knowing that you like the shorter races, I tried detailing them as much as I could, just for you. :-) I'm sorry that I didn't give the miler the respect that it deserves. But next time I hope to do better. Thanks!

meaghan, thank you!

catty, thanks a lot! But I'm no forum pro. We all know that Damaris is the forum pro. :-)

Mary, thank you! I want to run Disney with you someday. Then we can send LTH all of our cute pictures and say "Nah nah!". lol...

Beth, thank you for inspiring me to do this. It was so worth it! I'm impatiently waiting for your report from Ireland now. And then your hotel recommendation. :-)

Luke, thanks, man!

Heidi, thank you! It means a lot to me to know that I can share my experiences with great runners like you. You inspire me everyday. :-)

Supersono99, thank you so much!

Van, thanks for reading!

Ginny, thank you!