Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES Aren't Interested Either (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Going by yesterday's thread name. Smile

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My lungs are congested, yay.  I have 6 with strides and Pilates tonight.  Heading to Houston tomorrow morning.

Damaris

KCRuns

I pick the worst days to "refocus".  Run commute, got 2.5 miles in this morning.  It wasn't too cold, but OMGosh, the WIND gusts at 25 mph was insane.  There were a few times where I thought I might get blown off my feet.  It's a holiday weekend, so I get out early today.  If the wind is still crazy, I might only get 2.5-3ish more to go straight home, but if it's died down some I'd like to get another 5-6 miles.  We'll see.

Docket, are you racing in Houston this weekend?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, I'm running the marathon.

Damaris

KCRuns

Yeah, I'm running the marathon.

I don't know how you do them back to back like that, but GOOD LUCK this weekend!  I hope you're feeling better so you can have a great race experience.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Docket - Hope the congestion goes away... but we all know you're not human.   Good luck this weekend in Houston!

KCRuns - I HATE wind.  My body isn't very aerodynamic so wind can stop me in my tracks or blow me backwards sometimes (or so it feels).  Hope it dies down a bit this weekend.

Last night's run was canned.  Started work at 7:30 am, left work at 6:30 pm and over an hour drive home.  Today, I'll leave work early, so hope to get 8 in tonight.  Nice rainy windy weather in the forecast.  Yay?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't know how you do them back to back like that, but GOOD LUCK this weekend!  I hope you're feeling better so you can have a great race experience.

Thanks!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 5.  When they said "dense fog," they meant it!  It's kind of eerily creepy to see it drifting off snow piles like that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Good morning, all! I woke to a balmy -11*. It hurts to be outside! I'll hit the TM for an easy 6 after my food digests. So here in MN, we have a lot of trails and parks, it's awesome. But for some reason they take away our portapotties starting in Nov - about late May. Why??????! It's not like Minnesotans stop going outside (I did see the regular runner out this morning, bundled up from head to toe). I was damn near looking for a heavily wooded spot to relieve myself.

zzyzx

Torso and abs followed by the exercise bike. 30 minutes on level 13 hill setting, 10.38 miles pretty good for me these days.

Race goals. Tomorrow I want to go 8 miles at which point I'll sign up for the Hot Chocolate 15k. It also turns out that the Seahawks are playing London on the same day as a bucket list half (London Parks). I'm probably going to sign up for a diabetes charity spot because I really want to do this as my last half of my 40s and I run due to diabetes after all.

delicate flower

Hiya gang!  LMAO

I ran 5.2 miles before work.  Normally 40 degrees and raining is terrible awful bad, but it felt great this morning considering how friggin cold it's been lately.  Now the problem this morning was the pre-dawn dark, thick fog, and rain in my headlamp tunnel of vision was making me a little queasy.  Otherwise, it was a decent run.  I was going to do a 5K tomorrow but will probably bail due to the weather forecast.  Freezing rain in the forecast and I'm not going to risk running on a slick road with grumpyleg.  Last time I did that was what finally did my leg in.  I've got an 8.5 mile "non-race" I'm going to do Sunday.  It's supposedly a fun run, but when there is a clock involved and 75-100 other runners, it is a race to me.

<3

KCRuns

Hiya gang!  LMAO

I ran 5.2 miles before work.  Normally 40 degrees and raining is terrible awful bad, but it felt great this morning considering how friggin cold it's been lately.  Now the problem this morning was the pre-dawn dark, thick fog, and rain in my headlamp tunnel of vision was making me a little queasy.  Otherwise, it was a decent run.  I was going to do a 5K tomorrow but will probably bail due to the weather forecast.  Freezing rain in the forecast and I'm not going to risk running on a slick road with grumpyleg.  Last time I did that was what finally did my leg in.  I've got an 8.5 mile "non-race" I'm going to do Sunday.  It's supposedly a fun run, but when there is a clock involved and 75-100 other runners, it is a race to me.

+1

Good morning, all! I woke to a balmy -11*. It hurts to be outside! I'll hit the TM for an easy 6 after my food digests. So here in MN, we have a lot of trails and parks, it's awesome. But for some reason they take away our portapotties starting in Nov - about late May. Why??????! It's not like Minnesotans stop going outside (I did see the regular runner out this morning, bundled up from head to toe). I was damn near looking for a heavily wooded spot to relieve myself.

Oh ROS, I feel you.  There's a park I run past pretty often, with nice bathrooms that allegedly open at 8:30 a.m.  Last weekend I really needed to stop there, it was 9:30.  It was still fucking locked.  I was beyond livid, and also incredibly uncomfortable for the next 2 miles.  By the time I've committed to actually stopping, and paused the damn Garmin, you better live up to your signage!  Bastards.

ZZ, that sounds very cool, and also meaningful, so you definitely got to do that 1/2.

Docket, all the good vibes for feeling 100% this weekend!  Git out there and kill it!

Whiskers, good luck this weekend to you as well!  I'm super excited to hear how it goes.

KC, sorry about the wind.  I hate the wind.  So much.

I got in 8 this morning.  Bert and Coast, I think Bert is right, there's some weird coating on the soles of the Ghosts, and once it wears off, they're not slippery anymore.  The toe is the least worn part of the sole on mine, so that's the only place the slick stuff is still there, and it only becomes an issue when I'm trying to be fast.  I'm going to try and scuff up that part a little and see if it solves the problem.

Now I shall attempt to do 2 days worth of work in 6 hours.  That should go well 

RunningOnSand

Oh ROS, I feel you.  There's a park I run past pretty often, with nice bathrooms that allegedly open at 8:30 a.m.  Last weekend I really needed to stop there, it was 9:30.  It was still fucking locked.  I was beyond livid, and also incredibly uncomfortable for the next 2 miles.  By the time I've committed to actually stopping, and paused the damn Garmin, you better live up to your signage!  Bastards.

ZZ, that sounds very cool, and also meaningful, so you definitely got to do that 1/2.

Docket, all the good vibes for feeling 100% this weekend!  Git out there and kill it!

Whiskers, good luck this weekend to you as well!  I'm super excited to hear how it goes.

KC, sorry about the wind.  I hate the wind.  So much.

I got in 8 this morning.  Bert and Coast, I think Bert is right, there's some weird coating on the soles of the Ghosts, and once it wears off, they're not slippery anymore.  The toe is the least worn part of the sole on mine, so that's the only place the slick stuff is still there, and it only becomes an issue when I'm trying to be fast.  I'm going to try and scuff up that part a little and see if it solves the problem.

Now I shall attempt to do 2 days worth of work in 6 hours.  That should go well 

Exactly!

KCRuns

They leave ours out there where you can see them, but when you get to them, they are padlocked.  Occasionally, you'll find one that someone cut the lock off, but you can't count on it.  In the winter, I plan all my routes around Navy Pier and Lincoln Park Zoo, they are open every day and have indoor bathrooms and water fountains.  I also like to run down in Frankfort because they have heated bathrooms that are open all winter.