Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins wear blue & gold......... (Read 30 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Cuz it's the after party up in here!!!

As I mentioned in the dailies thread I just rewatched the 2nd time (3 times total now) as Meb made history.  (As did Jeptoo & others on the women's side).

I was so amped I got up & ran at midnight.  (just got back).  I'm sure any neighbors thought I was nuts, but oh well.  31 years is a long time to wait!!  I don't wanna go another 31.

Randy

hog4life

That's a great pic of Meb! Thanks for the start.

I'll run later after I take a nap. After 5 night shifts, I get 3 days off, then go back on day shift on Friday.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Mitch and red.   Congrats to all who participated in Boston.

I'm taking my running shoes to work so I can try to kill some time taking a long walk.

Project for today is replacing my 15 year old rear projection TV.   Smart TV or Dumb TV with a Roku?  Don't think we need 3D.

From the Internet.

Morning pens! Was at the marathon yesterday and it was awesome. So much fun. Definitely want to run one someday now - hopefully next fall, depending on how the legs hold up. Gym in a few and maybe 5 miles with a couple running club friends this afternoon. I've packed my running clothes and shoes, but if my legs are feeling achy after running early yesterday and then walking around all day I'll skip it.

Jerry, we didn't want a smart TV or 3D but ended up getting both (it's a Vizio). It was on sale and the price was too good to pass up, we couldn't even find a new dumb TV - everything we saw was either refurbished or had no warranty because it'd been sitting in a warehouse for so long. The smart part has been useful (we already have Netflix so it's neat that it's built right in, and we ended up subscribing to Hulu Plus too - no cable), the 3D we haven't really used.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Lauren, we now watch Netflix through a Wii, so a Smart TV would be easier..  What is on Hulu Plus?

From the Internet.

Lauren, we now watch Netflix through a Wii, so a Smart TV would be easier..  What is on Hulu Plus?

They have a lot of shows that aren't available through Netflix that we liked watching when we had cable (Parks and Rec, Community, and we recently discovered Brooklyn Nine Nine.. forget what else is on there, those are my favorites) and they get current episodes the day after they air.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! 12 miles for tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I have a dissertation defense today, so I need to finish reading the dissertation.  It's the first committee I've been on, so it should be interesting.

redrum -- awesome pics of Meb!!

hog -- have a good nap and run!!

Jerryb -- I know squat about TV's.  We got our first flat screen a couple of years ago, and we have rabbit ears (or the HD equivalent, anyway)

Lauren -- glad you enjoyed Boston and got inspired!!

Docket -- have a good 12!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Bin Running

Morning all. Congrats to all taking part in Boston one way or another. Read thru the whole tracking thread at work. So exciting. Not sure if I will be able to find a YouTube version to watch later.

Jerry, good thing is these flat tv are getting cheaper and save a lot more electricity. What size?

6M done in the morning.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Philliefan33

Good morning -- it's a beautiful day here. 

I have a meeting with some colleagues that did not have to make the "lab move", so I get to work from my old location today.  That saves me about 1.5 hours of commuting!  <insert happy dance>  I brought my clothes and shoes so I can run here in my old 'hood before going home.  I plan on 5-7 miles.

PADRunner

Boston 2017 Day 1.

3 mi w/6x hill repeats.

Bin Running

Wtg, PAD!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Boston 2017 Day 1.

3 mi w/6x hill repeats.

Nice, PAD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Redrum - That's awesome!  It's a good "nuts"...lol

Stupid email is down at work, and I'm on the road.  I have to call anyone I think might be trying to email me.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Singer who runs a smidge

Awood, hope your psychic senses are in good working order!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.