Beginners and Beyond

Chicago Any Takers (Read 337 times)

So I'm pacing a few people hopefully to BQ's in the Spring and will not get to my goal race until Chicago. So i am looking for some motivation. I'm looking for one or even a bunch of people to race me at this race. Someone who in the last 6 months has run between a 3:10 and a 3:20. I'm willing to put some sort of bet on the line here. It can even be something like I can only post in this forum for 3 months if I lose and the you can only post in the forum of my choice for three months if you lose. Anyway the point is that we can come up with something. Any takers?

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
    LRB

We do have sub-3:10 members here although I am not one and cannot speak for them. 

I just wanted to point out that we are actually one of two groups that came from that other place. 

Our dark side is Letters & Opinions, and there are quite a few sub-3:10's there as well as sub-3:00's.  But be forewarned, do not enter that realm with gasoline drauz on, because they will lite dat ass up!

It's a different place.  Put on a helmet and shoulder pads before you go...and that's just to lurk!

Thanks for the heads up on that one. I did mention I was looking for runners between 3:10 and 3:20 though in the last six months. RA has quite a few bad ass runners as well. I consider myself average and just looking for some motivation.

• Sub 22  5K
        runmomto3boys

I'm not that fast, but there are a lot of guys here who are in that range, if not faster.  Off the top of my head, Shirfan is training for Boston, Hipfan just ran an insane debut marathon, B-Plus and So_I'm_a_Runner might not have raced a full in the last 6 months, but have run some fast ones b/t themselves...hmmm....LovetheHalf too has ran a super fast full, but I'm not sure if he has in the last 6 months. CClay is crazy fast, but I don't know when his last full was (I DailyMile stalk him).   I'm probably missing some other people, but those are the ones that came to mind first. 

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I have a couple of real world friends that are on DailyMile that you might be able to bet with.  JB is around a 3 hour marathoner and JM has a 2:43 PR and in fact just recently won the RnR Savana, GA Marathon. 

And win or lose against any of us, I would have no problems with you posting forever in our forum.

I have a couple of real world friends that are on DailyMile that you might be able to bet with.  JB is around a 3 hour marathoner and JM has a 2:43 PR and in fact just recently won the RnR Savana, GA Marathon. 

And win or lose against any of us, I would have no problems with you posting forever in our forum.

That is very kind of you about staying in the forum but I am afraid I am not making my point very clear here.  I by no means think I am the fastest animal in this zoo.  Again I see myself as an average runnner on some of these boards at best.  I know many, many people here are faster than I.

What I am looking for is someone around my abilities looking to push themselves with a friendly bet.  I find it is always easier to train when you have some goals set.  It can be fun to raz each other and to have someone's logs to look at to see how they are doing.  Sometimes it can be inspiring to look at someone's logs and say dammit  runmomto3boys ran 80 miles this week.  I've got to get off my ass and top that orI am going to get my ass kicked at Chicago.  It is even more fun when you have a bunch of people so you can all push each other.  I'm not looking to pound my chest here but was hoping to find some friendly but yet serious competition. 

Now dammit someone man up and rise to the challenge.  You have like 10 months to train.  Plenty of time to get injured and still heal up.  Sadly maybe I am just a little too early and this is too far away. 

• Sub 22  5K
              Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

My PR is a 4:21:XX so I am not in your league yet.  Gonna use the Hanson plan over the winter for a spring hilly marathon so I hope to get closer to your league.  I will be doing Chicago again in 2013 but I may not be up to you even by then

Singer who runs a smidge

Definitely throw down your gauntlet in L&O, especially if nobody picks it up here.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

I  get what you mean but I'm no where near there, either.  Hope somebody shows up, though, because I'd like to stand on the sidelines chanting, "Fight!  Fight!  Fight!"

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

happylily

Hipfan is your guy!

HIPFAN! HIPFAN! HIPFAN!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

But I don't think he's running Chicago. Does it have to be the same race? He's doing a full in the fall, I'm sure of it though.

Happylily is here!!  I'm so happy.  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

happylily

Kristin, I feel completely lost. I need you to hold my hand! I can't figure out anything here. It's like a weird alien environment. :-) How is your front lawn doing?

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I'm pretty sure hipfan is running GMM in Vermont next fall, not Chicago. What about Paulski? I don't remember his time.

Kristin, I feel completely lost. I need you to hold my hand! I can't figure out anything here. It's like a weird alien environment. :-) How is your front lawn doing?

Lily, we're all still getting the lay of the land.  Just stick around the user group for a little while, then venture out.  The most important thing that I've picked up so far is that "the forums are the lobby, the user groups are where the party is at".  Meaning chatty kind of things (including dailies) go in the user groups (and there are lots of different ones), and the forums are reserved for the actual running questions and discussion.  I'm so glad you're here!  : )