Beginners and Beyond

School shooting in CT (Read 584 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Sorry for the downer topic......too close to home though.

I think I'm going to be ill

WTH is wrong with people?  

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

LRB

A parents worst nightmare.  My heart aches for those kids and their families.  Just terrible!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Is there anyone from that area on RA?  If so I hope all they are all safe.

It's about an hour West of us.

@runjerseygirl

I saw a picture of them evacuating kids, and they were all crying.  I can't help but think about my kids being in that scenario.  It makes me sick to my stomach.

Do you even run?

Pinktastic

Truly tragic!   I saw this on the news in the breakroom just now.   I also read about some other idiot in China who stabbed like 22 kids at school there.   Very, very sad.   My thoughts and prayers are with these kids and their families / friends. 

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

runmomto3boys

There are no words.  My heart just breaks for those parents.  Kindergartners through 4th graders.. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very tragic!  I really don't get why anyone would do this at all. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

@runjerseygirl

Last I saw the report was 3 injured and 1 dead.  Now it's 26 dead, 18 of them kids.  My stomach is turning.

Do you even run?

happylily

A total nightmare... So sad...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Buelligan

They're all tragedies, but  this is gonna be a bad one of epic proportions.

Revenge of the Nerd

We missed or ignored the warning signs ... again.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

@runjerseygirl

What would possess someone to target children, especially this young?!?  

Do you even run?

Not quite right

Sad 

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I just read about it - good grief. WTH is wrong with people???

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Apparently the shooter used a .223 during his spree. I can't imagine the devastation. Absolutely sickening.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.