Beginners and Beyond

Mondailes (Read 38 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest for me. You?

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Except for the New England ass-hats winning in the last seconds of the game (other than that, it was a pretty great game, right down to the wire), it was a "beautiful" weekend for me, with a 5K done on Saturday - http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/e664282b1c0b4587b7658e043ba06b3b/resume#focus - and a VERY hilly 7K done on Sunday - http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/6a13f632e81a416986746f833774f547/resume#focus .   Kinda rainy weather on Saturday, and foggy weather on Sunday, but then Sunday afternoon became very nice with lots of sun and 62 degrees.

Today, San Antonio is back to windy and chilly weather - 39 degrees right now - with a high today of only 53.  I wish Mother Nature would make up her freakin' mind about whether we are going to be cold or warm!  This back-and-forth stuff is really getting old.  Lots of people in my area with coughs, sniffles, flu, etc.  Thankfully, I am not one of them.   Today is a rest day for me and then tomorrow back at it with my run/walks.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

'Sup yo!

I shoveled snow for 50 minutes thinking about my stupid back the entire time. I shoveled last night for an hour but am no worse for the wear so that is good.

Most of my office is closed until 11:00 but I am a first responder so I have to be there at my normal time.

To do exactly what remains to be seen.

LRB, you need a damn snowblower. We ran ours twice yesterday, although between the snow fallen since then & the blowing/drifting, it literally looks like it never happened. My office is actually closed today. Which is good because I would not be able to get out anyway, until our street gets plowed. Snow is ended, but will probably refrain from doing the driveway again until this afternoon, since it is currently 11 degrees with a windchill of -6. And no one's going anywhere (obviously schools are closed too).

Glad to have the treadmill at home; still got up early and did 6. I was kind of sore this morning; it was very very slow.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Either a rest day or weights. I'll see what I feel like when I get home. Schools are on a 2 hour delay here, which means there are less than 10 of us in the building. I never known if that means I'm important or a sucker.

Zelanie

Just a regular rainy Oregon day here.  I am up early for an early meeting.  But when I get home, I get to run in my new shoes!  Planning for 8.

Marjorie- Enjoy the rest!

Scotty- Have a good RD!

LRB- Drive safe!

Dave- Good job getting those miles in, and enjoy the snow.

HalfCarzy- We'll go with important. Smile

Marjorie, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

scottydawg, have a pleasant rest day.

Rick, have fun doing whatever you do.

DaveP MI, sweet six.

Half Crazy K 2.0, enjoy whatever you do.

Zelanie, have an amazing right-miler.

I did an hour on the TM at the gym. Most of it was at 3.7mph (16:12). My goal was to do five intervals of two minutes at 7.2mph (8:19). I did four fairly confortably. The fifth? My mucous became so thick, I had to dial it back to 3.7mphSad

Last night, I did forty minutes on the TM. 3.7mph with eight one-minute 7.2mph intervals. So, I'm getting there.

I'm on my way home. I think that I'm going to start using my PEP device to deal with my breathing. I'll also do forty minutes of brisk walking on the TM at a 7.0 incline. Too bad it can't handle more than a brisk walk; I'd love to give a run/walk workout another go.

Cyberic

Hit the TM again this morning to run some miles, but not go anywhere.

2E+1MP+1HMP+2MP+1E

I was making it up as I was going.

Now a shower and off to listen to people talk for a whole day.

Bravo on your TM run, Cyberic99.

I'm looking for a scale. Which type is more accurate, digital or analog?

LRB

I'm looking for a scale. Which type is more accurate, digital or analog?

I think all scales have some sort of +/- accuracy ratio so it's hard to answer that unequivocally.

I would say the one that reads the less. 

outoftheblue

Ugh.  Too much beer and pizza last night.  I'm glad it's a SRD.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Didn't sleep much last night, between Hershey pooping our bed before we came in, to Trixie vomiting all night long.  Dropped Trixie at the vet just now and I am awaiting blood test results.  Good thing I took today off.  RD from running, so Pilates and weights later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

SRD - snow day. Shoveling at some point, doing my PT exercises at some point. I might need to get my own treadmill next year.

LRB

It was not practical to work in the filed today so I am office bound for the duration of the day. Those of us who came in at our regularly scheduled time get to leave 2.5 hours early so that is good.

I stepped out for lunch (ended up at Panera) and it was weird; full sun, almost no clouds in the sky and just an eerie silence. A stark contrast to the past 36 hours of bedlam.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

SRD for me

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)