Beginners and Beyond

Thunderstorm Thursdalies (Read 40 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Hip Redux

More crazy weather heading our way today, so not sure what my plan will be.  Photo from yesterday's tornado, about 5 miles from my house, near the trails we run sometimes.  No idea how people deal with real tornadoes, this stuff is scary.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  11 miles tonight.

Oski, ugh, that would scare me to death!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Whoa Oski scary!!!

My run kinda sucked this morning. All the aches and oaibs from yesterday loosened up during it but I still wasn't feelin it. Plan called for 3-4.5 mile fartlek. I pushed myself through 3. More easy stuff than speedy stuff. Meh.

Have a good day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Oski, wow that does look scary!

Beautiful & sunny here, and even cooled down a bit! And I even ran today! Sort of...2.5 slow, cautious miles. No pain; hopefully I can get back into the groove.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning.  Speaking of crappy weather, I drove through some torrential rains on my drive home yesterday.  As I got closer to home, the rain stopped and the sky got bright.  The car thermometer read 77.  I decided running in 77 degrees was too temping to resist, so I took the risk of getting dumped on.  I didn't get rained on, but that 77 degrees was certainly not fun to run in.  94% humidity, 76 dew point, and all around grossness.  It was an easy run though...4 miles at 9:43 pace.  4 easy miles should not soak me in sweat like that.

I had another PT session before the run.  My third session in the advanced program, and the third time they "went easy" on me.  I think the third time in, they ought to be throwing some hard stuff at me by now.  It's been all basic conceptual stuff.  But hey, they know what they are doing.  I'm just glad all the jumps and squats have given my knee zero pain.

I've got an hour of treadmill in my plans today.  Then I need to prep my bike for this weekend.  I've got new tires to put on.

<3

Good morning, everyone.

Phil, thank you for starting today's thread. Have fun and stay safe, whatever you do.

Damaris, enjoy the eleven.

kristin10185, you did it. Brava.

DaveP MI, I'm glad that you were able to run.

I found an article about my mom's region of Greece on Wikipedia.http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maniots. If someone were to mess with family or friends, I could totally see my relatives bringing the crazy to the party. (My dad's side of the family is Spartan. Need I say more about how my family rolls?)

This will be an interesting day. Busy. I'll run, but distance, as well as whether it'll be speed work or an easy run, is TBD.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Oski, holy cow. That is scary. Glad you made it through unscathed.

Dave, great news! Yay!

I'm running some miles at some point. Probably... depending on weather. We're also supposed to get storms today, but they've been calling for storms all week and my neighborhood has stayed dry as a bone.

delicate flower

Phil, thank you for starting today's thread.

You're welcome.

<3

Hip Redux

You're welcome.

Hey now!

Docket_Rocket

Hehe.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies!

Unfortunately Oski I can't see the picture since I'm at work. Sad Tornadoes are terrible, regardless of the picture.

Basya, interesting lineage. I wouldn't mind coming from Greece. If I had I might be a little bit more outgoing than what the Norwegians had in store for me.

Everyone, good running.

As for me, I had a 5 mile progression run this morning. 65 and sunny out, so I can't complain.

- Andrew

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning!

Oski - stay safe, scary stuff indeed. I lived through the awful outbreak in the southeast a couple years back. We had warnings for 8 solid hours. An F-3 missed us by 2 miles. I was huddled with the dog and cats in our garage which was the only part of the house that was below ground. DH commuted an hour away at the time and got caught in a hail storm and managed to hide under an overpass. His little truck still has some battle scars. Several people were killed in our county. We just had some wind and hail damage. We found debris from GA and AL in our yard the next day. I still get nauseated whenever we get a warning.

DR - hope the 11 go well.

Kristin - Some days suck. Glad you could knock out the three. I was out in the oven we're having for weather the other day and my greenway was flooded at the point where the turnaround gave me three miles. I took it as a sign from the universe saying three was just fine that day.

DaveP - Hooray for nice weather and pain free miles!

Baboon - You and I had similar conditions yesterday. RP and I did 5 right after some storms went through. The temp was lower, but gah, the humidity was horrid. We could see steam rising from the greenway. We did have fun puddle jumping though.

Basya - How cool to learn about your family! Enjoy whatever form your run takes today.

April - Hope the weather continues to behave.

Brr - 65 sounds absolutely glorious.

Yesterday's run was just as I predicted, smothersome (Jay steal away. I stole it from my brother). RP did well. We were both drenched in sweat, but it felt good to knock it out. Today is group run day. A group meets at a local pub, runs to a brewery and back to the pub. We get a treat at the brewery and another at the pub. It ends up being 3-4 miles depending on the route. My RP, a co-worker, and DH are going, so it should be a good time.

YAYpril - B-Plus

As for me, I had a 5 mile progression run this morning. 65 and sunny out, so I can't complain.

That's it, I'm moving to where you live.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

More crazy weather heading our way today, so not sure what my plan will be.  Photo from yesterday's tornado, about 5 miles from my house, near the trails we run sometimes.  No idea how people deal with real tornadoes, this stuff is scary.

I was very glad when you emailed me back (and were home and not out running) when I saw the tornado warning flash across the tv screen!