Beginners and Beyond

Rock of Ages Fridailies! (Read 44 times)

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top of the morning, SUS, and happy Friday to ALL!

SRD for me today. Looking forward to a soggy 10K tomorrow morning.

Shout out to all the folks running in the North Coast 12 and 24 hour endurance run this weekend. Several folks from this forum and RWOL will be there, either running or crewing. Good luck to all of them, and to all racers this weekend!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning runners! 10.08 miles @ 7:44 pace done on a very hilly course last night. It looks like I am starting to get some of my pre-injury fitness back. I have 6 miles scheduled for tonight. It is my day off from work but I am up early for no reason. Coffee is calling my name right now. We have a fresh bag of DD coffee. I can smell it brewing.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Top of the morning, SUS, and happy Friday to ALL!

SRD for me today. Looking forward to a soggy 10K tomorrow morning.

Shout out to all the folks running in the North Coast 12 and 24 hour endurance run this weekend. Several folks from this forum and RWOL will be there, either running or crewing. Good luck to all of them, and to all racers this weekend!

Good morning Tom! Good luck on your 10K tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up on the endurance run. Good luck to all those running in it!

Dad on the run.

Didn't get my 5 in last night so I pulled myself out of bed and did 5 @ 5 Smile

10:09, 9:59, 9:45, 9:39, 9:17

Don't care much for that 10m/m pace for the first mile but at least I pulled off negatives...

Can't wait for the weekend. Really excited about watching the cross country race tomorrow!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy birthday Damaris

Marjorie

delicate flower

Happy Friday to all of those people reading this!

8 miles at an easy 8:33 pace last night.  A flat run on the rail trail.  What the hell is with all the bugs the last couple of days?  My God my shirt has been covered in gnats!  Gross.  At least none of them dive bombed my eye.  More running planned after work today.

MBC and I had planned on doing a duathlon Sunday but the RD is being all wishy washy about the weather.  Soooo, we're blowing it off since it's a two hour drive and we can do other things.  Seems weird that rain would cause a duathlon to be postponed.  Races usually go rain or shine.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got my 5.1 miles in this morning, got to wear my blinky vest thingy too............. I think cars were quicker to notice the red flashing lights. My legs are feeling a little fatigued, I think yesterday's 2.6 mile hike while pushing a stroller kind of wore me out  little so tomorrow will be a complete rest day.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Don't run less than an hour after eating sushi. Ever.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Supp!

7.11 done, oh and that pain in my ass that started in my back has moved on to my hip.  It's like a traveling side show that will not end.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Run # 1 done.  10 miles.

Last night, my coworker's husband died from Stage 4 cancer.  They were expecting him to die by this weekend and he did.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Marjorie!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Yesterday was a SRD w/a strength training class. Today may end up as an URD - DH had to go in to work early, so I couldn't run this morning. If I get a call soon from a client, I'll go run a few miles after that call, otherwise I'll just hang out waiting for the phone to ring and call it an extra "taper-ish" day before tomorrow's 5k+6hour adventure.

Damaris - I'm sorry about your coworker's husband.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Supp!

7.11 done, oh and that pain in my ass that started in my back has moved on to my hip.  It's like a traveling side show that will not end.

It almost sounds like my hip injury. It was in my glut, would travel to my lower back, my side hip and finally my front hip flexor. I eventually ended up hobbling through runs. 3 chiro visits, 2 weeks off, and 2 months of recovery later, I am finally almost back to normal. That is the worst sports injury I have ever had by far. Take care of yourself. You may want to lower the intensity and distance of your runs until it clears up.

Zelanie

Morning!  I am going to try my LR after work this week.  I did it last week, and it was nice to be done with it already by the weekend.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Morning!  Run # 1 done.  10 miles.

Last night, my coworker's husband died from Stage 4 cancer.  They were expecting him to die by this weekend and he did.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Marjorie!

Tough stuff Damaris. Condolences to his wife and family. On a brighter note, Happy Birthday young lady!