Beginners and Beyond

Favorite sammiches! (Read 52 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Drop the 'N' and 'D' and add a double 'M' for extra emphasis!

Not necessarily in order:

Double egg + 1/2 avocado , salt & pepper and light mayo on two slices of wheat.  (farm raised eggs +++)

PB & Honey! on two slices of wheat.

Bacon and tomato! salt & pepper and light mayo on two slices of wheat.(tomatoes fresh from the garden ++)

Plenty of others!

And when I want to get back to ma' roots :

Either  pan fried spam + mayo and wheat bread  or  vienna sausage sammich!  and for the extra specials of special!  add a layer of Cheez-it in either one of those...

yeah buddy, where is my trailer park...

Impossible to pick only a few. So many good options, the more stuff piled on the better.

I have one for lunch pretty much every day, usually turkey. Today it was whole wheat bread, Dijon mustard, peppered turkey, avocado, raw onion, radish sprouts & romaine lettuce. It was good.

And if open face counts, my standard weekend breakfast is simply whole wheat toast with almond butter & sliced bananas. Heavenly. Once you try almond butter, you will never go back to peanut butter.

Dave

Pinktastic

Y'all are making me hungry!  When are my sammiches arriving at my door?

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

I have a few but a grilled cheese with grilled onions and mustard is my in a pinch sammich because I always have the stuff to make one, and it's actually great with beer.

Mmmmm...beer

Fluffernutter!

/thread

Since I can't eat fluffernutters everyday and hope to stay at a healthy weight, I regularly enjoy turkey & swiss. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

obiebyke

My friends make fun of me because if there's ham and/or bacon on the menu, you can bet that's what I'll order.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

happylily

Totally unhealthy, but once in while, to remind me of my humble beginnings , I like a simple grilled cheese made with white bread and Kraft Singles cheese. mmmmm....

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

A damned good Reuben!

Unfortunately there seem to be a plethora of cruddy ones...

SheCan

A damned good Reuben!

Unfortunately there seem to be a plethora of cruddy ones...

Last time I ordered one, they brought me a turkey one.   So disappointing.

I agree though, a grilled egg sandwich-- throw in avocado, bacon, cheese, and mayo, is so delicious!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

PADRunner

Just invented, Hummus & Pico on wheat. Not bad.

meaghansketch

Grilled chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomato, preferably on a panini!  I feel like I could eat that one every day until the end of time...

Hip Redux

Fluffernutter!

/thread

YES!

onemile

Totally unhealthy, but once in while, to remind me of my humble beginnings , I like a simple grilled cheese made with white bread and Kraft Singles cheese. mmmmm....

God, I haven't had that in forever.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

sammich (noun) : Chicagoan for "sandwich." Sammiches are sloppy, and usually contain some sort of sauce or gravy.

I'll take a grilled cheese, too  !!!!

Grilled chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomato, preferably on a panini!  I feel like I could eat that one every day until the end of time...

Yes.

But I think my favorite of all is Thanksgiving leftovers on rye with some ground pepper.

The ones I have been getting for lunch lately are: almost rare roast beef with red onions and arugala, and turkey with thinly sliced granny smith apple and brie.