Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (on the track again) (Read 22 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

3 x 2 miles at 10 seconds under HM pace with 800m recoveries.  I was hurting for the last 2-mile interval.  10½ miles for the day.  Rest day & second vaccine tomorrow.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

delicate flower

Oh, hello.  I pedaled the bike trainer very easy for an hour this morning.  I've got a virtual race to run at some point today.  3.275 miles.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

2 on the treadmill & strength training.

Docket_Rocket

I have weights and that's it. Good because the high today is 70F and FTS. Tomorrow is 54F.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

6 AM conference call.   Run later. Which I guess is fine because it’s 32/feels like 28 right now, and it’s supposed to hit 50+ later.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's going to be near 70 today & tomorrow. There is a chance of some wet SNOW mixing in with rain on Thursday. WTF.

sdWhiskers

7 hilly miles

I paid $4 for gas yesterday 

7 hilly miles

I paid $4 for gas yesterday 

Damn you, Biden!

Dave

Cyberic

RD

sdWhiskers

Damn you, Biden!

I was hoping I could blame it on the Suez Canal blockage so that maybe the price would drop again but don't think so.

GinnyinPA

It was beautiful here when I did my run at 10:00 - 47 and sunny with no wind. I ran 8.8 easy miles.

I was hoping I could blame it on the Suez Canal blockage so that maybe the price would drop again but don't think so.

I would be more concerned if I ever bought gas. My weekly driving consists of a 35 mile round trip to my Saturday morning running group meetup, plus occasional ~1-mile trips to grocery/drugstore/takeout place. And my car is a hybrid that gets 550-600 miles per tank. DW has a ~10 mile round trip commute 4 days per week.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I would be more concerned if I ever bought gas. 

I'm still running more than I'm driving! That's why I had no idea gas was crazy CA prices again.

We looked into a hybrid or electric vehicle but without tax rebates, it doesn't make financial sense for us. My car is 4 years old and I only have 16k miles on it  I hate driving.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I would be more concerned if I ever bought gas. My weekly driving consists of a 35 mile round trip to my Saturday morning running group meetup, plus occasional ~1-mile trips to grocery/drugstore/takeout place. And my car is a hybrid that gets 550-600 miles per tank. DW has a ~10 mile round trip commute 4 days per week.

I don't even drive that much.  Every two weeks I take a 40-minute drive to deliver groceries to my parents (my sister and I alternate weeks).  Sometimes my car sits in the driveway for the full two weeks between deliveries.  Can't say I have a hybrid, but my 22-year-old Honda still gets 28 mpg, which ain't bad.  I'm definitely running more than I'm driving.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Yeah if I didn't do my running group, I would average <5 miles per week, and some weeks zero. I bought the car (Ford Fusion) in 2015 when I moved here; I really wanted a hybrid and didn't bother do the math on whether it made economic sense. It did come in mighty handy when I was commuting 40 miles per day. The sad thing is I still have my fun car, a 1990 Miata, that has been sitting in the garage unused. I took the insurance off, because how can I justify paying insurance for a 3rd car when I barely need the 2nd? We'll see what happens when convertible weather arrives....

Baboon can tell us about what his horrendous commute used to be, pre-pandemic at his old job.

Dave