Beginners and Beyond

Week 26 Penguins are headed out to sea!! (06/24-06/30) (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is Day of the Seafarer.  It became a holiday in 2011.  And that's pretty much all the information I could find out about it.  So I have no idea why this is a day, but hey, it sounds good to me!!

Today is also the only day I'm working this week, so I'll be pretty scarce from here on out.  I'm making cheesecakes the next two days, traveling down to NC on Thursday, getting my sister married on Friday, and then heading home on Sunday.  From what my mom says, my sister is pretty much crazy at this point -- changing timelines and flip-flopping on decisions, etc.  Pretty much what we all expected.  So part of my job is to save my mother's sanity, and part is to ignore my sister and make sure things run as smoothly as possible.

Case in point:  I'm making these two cheesecakes for her wedding, right?  She wants me to put them on cake stands.  IMHO, that is a recipe for disaster -- cheesecakes are dense to slice and difficult to serve.  Putting them up on cake stands is just asking for them to fall over or shoot off the table.  There will be no cake stands.

And yes, I am choosing cake stands as the hill on which I am prepared to die.    But as I said, my sister is crazy. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

You have me at cheesecake!

travel day back home. Maine is really pretty!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Maine is gorgeous, agreed!!  DH and I spent a week up there a few years ago -- some friends of ours have a cabin on Moosehead Lake.  It's too far to drive for a week, though.

Well, I have my new laptop, and once I rediscover all my bookmarks, I'll be good to go.  Woo-hoo!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I am back at home and wish I wasn't, ha.

I have Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my run/walk at Fort Sam this morning and got stopped by an MP, lol. I said "Dang, how fast was I going?" The guy laughed and said "Just wanted to tell you, please use the crosswalks, it will save me a whole lot of time not having to do the paperwork if someone hits you." Oh, sorry...I kinda did zip across one of the roads there where there was no crosswalk and a bit of traffic. I said okay, thanked him for watching out for people - I was near what used to be the old BAMC and that circle part does get a bit traffic heavy in the morning - then continued my run...and then, lol, as I turned around to give him a wave , I promptly ran right into the wall of the Combat Medic Museum....oww... ....and yes, he did laugh.....lol.

3.3 miles done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

LOL, Scotty.

Morning.  All three big bosses are in my office today, but I'm fortunate enough to be in court for most of the day.  I'll see them later today, but I won't have to be there pretending I'm quiet, lol.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Worked from home yesterday and ended the day with the starts of a migraine.  I thought sleep would help.  Nope.

Damaris

Fundraising Page