Beginners and Beyond

It's Tuesday where I am so I'm starting the TUESDAILIES! (Read 55 times)

8 easy on a beautiful morning in Tokyo.

Landed Sunday night and was dragging enough yesterday to not run. But I went for a walk last night and found a neat little park with baseball fields, play areas and a nice 800m walking/running path on the perimeter about 1/4 mile from the hotel. This was especially nice considering there isn't a fitness room in the hotel and running block to block in the city wasn't really exciting me.

Woke up to the sun and almost 60 degrees this morning. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Even though it was 8 miles, 800 meters at a time I'll take it.

B-Plus

If you're staying anywhere near Tokyo Station, it's worth the trip to run around Imperial Palace. 5 km loop. I think it's easily accessible from the marunouchi side exit, and you can get a coin locker in the station to stash a change if clothes, etc. Enjoy your trip.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I don't see this going well.

On the other hand, very cool that you're posting from Tokyo.  Sounds like you found an awesome little area for your run.  I hope you can get out there and explore more too.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

If you're staying anywhere near Tokyo Station, it's worth the trip to run around Imperial Palace. 5 km loop. I think it's easily accessible from the marunouchi side exit, and you can get a coin locker in the station to stash a change if clothes, etc. Enjoy your trip.

I've done that before and it is a nice run. I'm a little far from there this trip though.

I don't see this going well.

On the other hand, very cool that you're posting from Tokyo.  Sounds like you found an awesome little area for your run.  I hope you can get out there and explore more too.

Well, if people don't like it I won't start the Dailies even though I'll be a bit ahead of you for the next 9 days. Wink

delicate flower

This is messing with me.  I can't post a life update until Morning o'Clock E.S.T.

<3

Hip Redux

LRB

Supp Fuzz!

I literally had to read that thread title twice like WTF?

You're good, I will hit this one in the morning!

Hey, would have been worse before the time change, 14 hrs ahead of ET instead of 13. Japan doesn't do DST.

My company has global conference calls between US/Europe/Japan. We have to do it at 6AM in the US & 8PM in Japan; for the Euros it is in the middle of the day. Then they like to complain that we are interrupting their lunch, and they have a good laugh. Of course our comeback is "your economy is in shambles."

Dave

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning  Fuzzy,B-Plus, SIAR, Baboon, Oski, LRB, Dave P!

Well if it's Tuesday I ran 3 easy - I just didn't get around to it yet!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

I get back to work on Tuesday and to running.  Bring on Tuesday.

And I'm home!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Good morning  Fuzzy,B-Plus, SIAR, Baboon, Oski, LRB, Dave P!

That was funny!

B-Plus

I've done that before and it is a nice run. I'm a little far from there this trip though.

Oh haha. Yep, that was one and done for me too. Last time I stayed in a not so busy area so I did my runs out on the streets along a river. Maybe meguro.

Well, this is kind of messing with me because I'm 3 hours away from my time zone.

It's cold out and SRD for me.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

It has been snowing/sleeting for the past 6 hours. Supposed to continue through the night.  It is still Monday for me, but I think I can call it now....treadmill Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Supp crew!

I am not running today but would like to get some upper body work in.  Right now though, I am not motivated to do anything.

Bah.