Beginners and Beyond

It's Tuesday where I am so I'm starting the TUESDAILIES! (Read 55 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Yeah - it's Tuesday again! Better than having 2 Mondays. On the slate for today are 3 easy.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Fuzzy, bravo finding a way to fit it a run. 

Gustav, enjoy your easy three-miler.

B-Plus, have a wonderful SRD.

kristin10185, try to have fun on the TM.

Rick, work it!

I started my day with my usual thirty push-ups, then cross-trained by clearing some snow. My school hasn't notified anyone of a cancellation or delay, so I'm on my way to the gym. If I'm notified of a cancellation or a delay en route, I'll have time to do weights and cardio. If not, I'll do cardio before work and weights tonight.

I hope that there's, at least, a delay, so that I don't have to make two trips to the gym:/

flarunner

Mornin' Dailyites!

Did 6 miles very easy this morning. Legs are a little sore, but nothing a little run won't cure.

Hope everyone has a great day!

upper body workout tonight and 3 miles.

have a great Tuesday everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

delicate flower

Ok, NOW it's good morning!  Fuzzy be gettin' all whack, yo.  I did 60 minutes on the spin bike last night...high cadence, low tension.  Just keeping the legs loose.  PT appointment this afternoon, which means a short work day.  HOORAY!!

And of course, happy 40th birthday to my beautiful wife!  Cool

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning again!  Off to work.  Slept one hour, bah.  Damn travel and the time change.  I'll need an extra shot at Starbucks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

8 miles, 800 meters at a time...that is a lot of patience, Fuzzy! Way to go on your run!  Enjoy Japan!  I really like Japan when I was there.  Of course, that was MANY years ago, back in the 70s.  I'm sure it has changed quite a bit since then.   Thanks for starting the dailies for Tuesday, even if it is on Japan time.   I usually get here 'late' cuz I'm on Central Time and the EST folks are normally up and about a couple of hours before me.

Yer funny, Gustav!  Joking

Good luck with the TM run, Kristin.  Sorry about the crappy weather.  Hope your knee, etc., all behave for you.

Happy SRD today, B-Plus.

Welcome home, Damaris!  Now get those  marathon photos posted, I wanna see those green socks!  Big grin

Congrats on your 6, flarunner.

Good luck with your upper body work, LRB...when you get motivated enough to do it.   Here,maybe this will help you get going...no upper body work...you might turn into this guy...

Good luck with your upper body workout too, Sparker.

Hope your PT goes well, Phil.  Way to go on your spin bike, glad your knee is behaving.

AFM: Plan on doing about 4 miles after work today, probably at Brackenridge Park, which is a really nice park near the San Antonio Zoo.  Has off-road running trails that are nicely groomed, and very flat, as well as very safe park roads to run on, and can enjoy running alongside the river that goes through the park too.  Weather will be nice, sunny and about 82 degrees.   Crazy weather.  Yesterday we set a record high for San Antonio for March 18 by hitting 95 degrees.  This morning it is 56 degrees and a bit 'chilly' for we South Texans.  Tomorrow it will be warmer again.  It's like Mother Nature is on some kind of Menopause Mania thing down here.....she's hot, she's cold...she's hot, she's cold.....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Morning all! (Kon ban wa, Fuzzy!)

Cold, wind, ice, wintry mix today, getting a little tired of fighting it. So plan to take it inside to the TM at lunchtime, about 6.

So NOW you tell us.

Dave

Scotty dawg, I am mad at ya for posting that picture.  I was eating a breakfast biscuit at the time I saw it... Damnit..Dead Big grin

--As far as 'workouts', I am in Shamrock Marathon recovery mode, which means an eeeeasy 2 miles again today, followed by taking 2 Yuengling beers afterwards.    (I was so tired after the race I was unable to drink any beer at the afterparty, so I am making up for it now!)

PS.  Baboon, wife turning 40?  What are you getting her for the B-day?  SIde note, me and the wife are turning 40 this year as well....  Time seems to be kicking into warp speed, these years are starting to go by way too fast!...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

BruceD555

Fuzzy- OK, I was seriously confused when I opened the DAILIES and saw two pages already. That’s sneaky Fuzzy, starting with local time in Tokyo. Sounds like you had a nice run ... a nice run ... a nice run ... a nice run ... this morning and a good way to shake any lingering jet-lag from the trip.

Gustav1- Wow, I like that I’ve “already not yet run 3 easy miles for the day” mentality.

kristin10185- Good call on the TM today … is that tomorrow? I’m confused.

LRB- Get thee to thine Keurig, man! Feels more imperative if you throw in some old English. Pikes sounds good this morning, though I’m on a serious Sumatra wave right now.

BasyaSpiliakos- I hope you get a school delay so you can get in a more relaxed workout this morning. Enjoy your day and be safe out there in those conditions.

Flarunner- I forgot to congratulate you on your nice race this past weekend. Kudos on the #2 AG!!

Sparker1606- Hope you have a great Tuesday as well and an awesome workout & run later tonight.

Baboon- Nice work on the full hour spin last night! Hope your DW has a wonderful birthday today.

Docket_Rocket- More coffee = more better day.

Scottydawg- I hope you have a great 4 miles later on today at the park. It sounds like a nice locale to run, though the zoo in 82 degrees could bring you some interesting smells if the park is downwind.

DaveP MI- Shoot him! That’s all I have to say about that. Have a good TM 6 over lunch.

I have a VO2max workout on the schedule for today that I’ll end up doing at the indoor track. Our weather bites right now so there’s no chance of an outdoor run at any pace. I’ll eventually get in a total of about 10 miles with 6x1000m intervals. Should be a good workout today.

Train smart ... race smarter.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I saw this thread last night but refused to open it since it was still Monday to me. Smile

Good morning!

I'm feeling really good after my impromptu-extended tempo run last night. I have 3 recovery miles on tap at lunch. I'll do them on the treadmill to make sure I stay slow (and avoid the slush all over the place). I got to the gym last night when it was lightly snowing - came out a little over an hour later and my car was covered in 2" of snow.

Robert31320

Team TJ

5.3 miles done.  Motivation was low to start but after abut 1 mile I was much better.

Y'all come see us.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Pikes sounds good this morning, though I’m on a serious Sumatra wave right now.

Just picked up a box of Sumatra yesterday! I have been on the French Roast lately, but wanted to switch it up a bit. My new K-cup dealer: Staples. Never thought to go there, but it is in fact the most important office supply.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I had an awful night sleep last night. When I realized my alarm was ringing to go to the gym in 2.5 hours I reset it for later and decided to do my run after work.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

Today calls for 6-7 easy miles before my strength training class.

And all you coffee folks, give me the low-down on what you like/don't like about your Keurig and which model you have. My Mr. Coffee with a thermal carafe has stopped pumping water through, and DH and I are considering switching to the Keurig. Some mornings I will drink that whole 8-cup pot (made with 1/2 decaf), but other days I know the Keurig would be convenient when I just have time for one cup.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.