Beginners and Beyond

It's Tuesday where I am so I'm starting the TUESDAILIES! (Read 55 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Heck yeah!  We were without power for 12 days back in Oct 11.  I boiled water on the gas grill and french pressed my coffee.

I remember that. The freak snowstorm that coated all the still-leafed trees, right? We were out for 3 days then too.

We finally wizened up and bought a generator - we were tired of having to throw out all the food in our refrigerator/freezer. Of course, now that we have one, our power will probably never go out again. And I'm okay with that. Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I love my Keurig!!! I got it for Christmas so I am not sure of the model name but it has a resivoir and 3 different size settings. Makes it even faster because you only have to fill the water every few days, and I can fill my travel mug with one push of a button!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Ric-G

fuzzy - cool tokyo posting

flarun - nice 6

KL - time will only go faster...trust me

bruce - work that indoor track

robert - good job on the 5

basya - nice use of your "extra" time

D - LA marath IS more hilly than advertised...

oski - interesting weather comparison

zel - go ahead...argue with pfitz  ;-)

ran 3 x 2 @ 7:30 with 2.5 easy. have a good day all. interesting coffee talk...now i have to go get some.

marathon pr - 3:16

What I need is a bigger house.  More counter space and I would be okay with having both on the counter. Big grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Rick, it can be difficult to find the time for strength training, but it's worth it. I don't think that I'd have been able to survive the hills of the marathon and keep running without it.

Dave, enjoy your easy miles in that beautiful weather.

Zelanie, have fun with the intervals.

Ric-G, sweet intervals.

Lunch is cooking. My backpack is ready for tomorrow. I hope that the run club will meet tomorrow night.

Docket_Rocket

It is?  Because I felt like an idiot not knowing this.  But lots of other runners were commenting about it.  Even my elevation profile does not do it justice.

fuzzy - cool tokyo posting

flarun - nice 6

KL - time will only go faster...trust me

bruce - work that indoor track

robert - good job on the 5

basya - nice use of your "extra" time

D - LA marath IS more hilly than advertised...

oski - interesting weather comparison

zel - go ahead...argue with pfitz  ;-)

ran 3 x 2 @ 7:30 with 2.5 easy. have a good day all. interesting coffee talk...now i have to go get some.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Love the convenience of the Keurig machines, but I drink way too much coffee to make it a good choice.  I usually drink 1.5-2 pots a day.  Yeah, I know, I know. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

When I make coffee at home, I make Turkish.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hey funny story, directed at Damaris mostly lol but for all to enjoy. So...showing how runner-centric my brain is lately....

So, on facebook today someone I know from college, but haven't actually seen or talked to in 5 years posted "All packed and ready to head to the airport!!! Miami Ultra this weekend soooo excited!!" I had no idea this girl was even a runner, but I was very impressed and wished her luck running her ultra. Damaris lives in the Miami area, and is running an ultra this weekend, so that contributed a lot to me assuming Miami Ultra was a race. It is NOT a race. It is a concert. Womp womp.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Ric-G

It is?  Because I felt like an idiot not knowing this.  But lots of other runners were commenting about it.  Even my elevation profile does not do it justice.

now you know...i've run this thing in its current incarnation a couple of times... the big problem is it is difficult to pace it because those friggin hills are worse and more numerous than the elev profile describes.

marathon pr - 3:16

StepbyStep-SH

Thanks for the Keurig reviews! I think I would also look at getting the additional filter basket so we can use our own grounds, since our favorites (Caribou Mahogany and Starbucks Cafe Verano) aren't available in K-cups, as far as I know.

Only had time for 5 miles before my class, and they were very slow. Class was a good workout. But my friends didn't have time for lunch after, so it's leftovers at home. Sad

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  A friend of ours kept posting about being at Ultra all weekend and my husband got tired so he searched WTF it was.  A concert, LOL.

Hey funny story, directed at Damaris mostly lol but for all to enjoy. So...showing how runner-centric my brain is lately....

So, on facebook today someone I know from college, but haven't actually seen or talked to in 5 years posted "All packed and ready to head to the airport!!! Miami Ultra this weekend soooo excited!!" I had no idea this girl was even a runner, but I was very impressed and wished her luck running her ultra. Damaris lives in the Miami area, and is running an ultra this weekend, so that contributed a lot to me assuming Miami Ultra was a race. It is NOT a race. It is a concert. Womp womp.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I agree.  My HR was all over the place because it was up, and semi down, and up.

now you know...i've run this thing in its current incarnation a couple of times... the big problem is it is difficult to pace it because those friggin hills are worse and more numerous than the elev profile describes.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I want to run LA now.

our favorites (Caribou Mahogany and Starbucks Cafe Verano) aren't available in K-cups, as far as I know.

Yes they are!

7 miles on the treadmill at lunchtime, despite the beauteous weather outside. Joking

I won't say the gym is full of non-serious runners, but I will say that the woman on the treadmill my right was wearing Chuck Taylors, and the guy on my left was wearing those polyester coaches' shorts.

At least I was able to pick up the important news bulletin from the TV that Tiger Woods is now dating Lindsey Vonn.

Dave