Beginners and Beyond

It's Tuesday where I am so I'm starting the TUESDAILIES! (Read 55 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Really? Keurig is sounding better and better!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

You should.  At least once in a lifetime.  However, I considered it harder than NYCM and MCM.

I want to run LA now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DaveP MI, bravo on the seven TM miles. About the Chuck Taylors...perhaps she's transitioning to toe shoes? I've heard of them being used by weight lifters as a transition shoe; maybe she's doing the same thing.

Damaris, LA is definitely on my bucket list.

After plodding through Daniels, I've decided to, starting this Sunday, do the final thirteen weeks of his Blue Advanced Plan before beginning to train for Baystate.

Ric-G

I want to run LA now.

if i can go to boston to run...you can go to LA to run...of course if you are looking for off the scale hills, go run mt lemmon.

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Like I said in my RR, I am officially scared of San Francisco now.  Ric-G, have you done that one?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Okay, major pat on the back for myself today.  I had an awesome workout!  It was a feels like of 16 out and 20+mph winds, but I got my butt out there and hit the track.  I did 5x1000m (2.5 laps) with 200m jogging recoveries.  Splits were 3:38, 3:43, 3:41, 3:41, and 3:41 (about 5:50 mile pace).  I'm really happy with the consistency and the pace, especially given that I raced Saturday and that the extra 200m (meaning from 800-1000) was into the wind each time.  Total workout was 10.61 miles with the easy miles at the start and finish.

Basya...Hope you like the Daniels.  My only suggestion is to pick a VDot place that really marks your current fitness, not your race goal.  I found it easy to run myself into the ground with his plan.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Luke79

3.2 miles @ 8:28, then some fun on the bike.  I'm just itching to race so bad now.

Luke79

Love the convenience of the Keurig machines, but I drink way too much coffee to make it a good choice.  I usually drink 1.5-2 pots a day.  Yeah, I know, I know. Big grin

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Hey peeps, been a couple days.  Instead of racing last Saturday, I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis and walking pneumonia.  He was surprised that I was still on my feet as I told him that I had continued training through most of this crap.  Anyway, I'm on a Z-pack right now and have no desire to run.  I messed around and got bit hard.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

YAYpril - B-Plus

SIAR, Luke, nice running. Smile

Hey peeps, been a couple days.  Instead of racing last Saturday, I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis and walking pneumonia.  He was surprised that I was still on my feet as I told him that I had continued training through most of this crap.  Anyway, I'm on a Z-pack right now and have no desire to run.  I messed around and got bit hard.

Yikes. Feel better. I ran a half marathon last November and passed a guy who had bronchitis. He sounded AWFUL. He said he was only doing it for the medal. He ended up finishing, good for him I guess, but man... it's not worth it.

Ric-G, you mean Mt. Lemmon in AZ?

SIAR, great run. How did you manage in such winds? About Daniels: I comfortably run my easy runs and long runs sub-10:00 consistently now. I still need to find my M, T, I, and R paces. I'll use the rest of this week to do that.

Luke, 8:28 for three miles, then biking? Are you a machine?

Ouch, Matt! Be well soon!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya...Mind over the elements!  I usually find that if I can just relax into the wind my paces aren't impacted too much.  I also have this weird thing where my arms actually drop into better running form going into the wind, as opposed to staying too high and tight like I usually hold them.  It sounds like you're on the right track for finding your Daniels paces.

Luke...Nice run...looks like you're going racing soon enough...just give yourself a few easy days and you'll kill that 5k.

Matt...Wow, that's rough!  Get well.

April...Thanks.  You know those runners and their medals... lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry  bout that, Duke!  Yuengling beers?   Happy upcoming 40th!  Yeah, fast..wait till you hit your 50s, lol.  Where did my 50s years go? I will be 60 next year!  Shocked  Well, the good news is at this age, the years do seem to go by fast....but you won't remember them.  Wink

You are right, Bruce.  On summer runs especially, you go along the fence line and there are some definitely 'interesting' smells.   Sorry about your weather!  Good luck with your workout!  Pikes?  Fish for breakfast?  Joking

Congrats on the 5, Robert!

Good luck with your post-work run, Kristin!

Wow, Step, I would not have the strength to do a strength class after a 7 mile run.  More power to you!

Glad you got back safely, lilac!

Congrats on your workout, Basya.  Hope your workout plans around Passover go smoothly for you.

Way to get that workout in, LRB!  I sometimes do my weight training circuit after I run, since I run after work, so I have plenty of time.  But then, I'm sure my strength training is not as intense as yours and also you run much farther distance than I do.  I do a very specific weight training circuit  'prescribed" to me by my Physical Therapist...all machine weights (no free weights for me cuz of my back  Cry), with a lighter lift load and lots of reps.

You still can go on your bike, Oski...think of it as an adventure, with that weather. Big grin

Nice bling for your lady, Phil!  You done good.

Enjoy that nice weather, Dave, have a good run!

Doesn't  sound slow to me at all, Z, lol.   All about perspective, I guess.  Happy workout!

Way to get in your run and your class, Step.

Congrats on your TM miles, DaveP!  Who the heck is Lindsey Vonn?  I guess I don't keep up with all the social media, lol.

Way to go, SAIR!

Nice running, Luke!  Find a race to scratch that itch.

So sorry, Matt!  Hope you are better in no time!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scotty...A beagle just for me?  He's clearly far more awesome than I am!

LRB

Rick, it can be difficult to find the time for strength training, but it's worth it.

I know, my background is in weight lifting.  After 14 straight years of it though, I am just at a point where I would rather run, and when I am not running, I do not want to do anything.