Beginners and Beyond

It's Tuesday where I am so I'm starting the TUESDAILIES! (Read 55 times)

Ric-G

Like I said in my RR, I am officially scared of San Francisco now.  Ric-G, have you done that one?

not yet...but it's on my list with those fugly hills.

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

I won't say the gym is full of non-serious runners, but I will say that the woman on the treadmill my right was wearing Chuck Taylors, and the guy on my left was wearing those polyester coaches' shorts.

I shutter at the thought of what I wore for my first run!

B-Plus

Sorry, to hear that Matt. Take care of yourself.

AFM, why didn't I bring boots?!

Ric-G

Yes, or you could do the half. The profile looks like a piece of cakeShocked

http://www.halfmarathons.net/usa_half_marathons_arizona_mount_lemmon_half_marathon_map.html

Ric-G, you mean Mt. Lemmon in AZ?

marathon pr - 3:16

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.7 for me.  A long hard day.  I'm in a bad mood so I haven't been on much.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Feel better, Matt.

I was conducting a meeting of creditors (like a deposition) when the debtor yelled fuck, called the creditor's attorney a moron and almost jumped to hit him.  Everybody at the table was an attorney.  Embarrassing.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, it sounded like a meltdown thread.  I almost said: calm down, it's not Friday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Thanks, all.

You guys rock.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

LRB

Feel better, Matt.

I was conducting a meeting of creditors (like a deposition) when the debtor yelled fuck, called the creditor's attorney a moron and almost jumped to hit him.  Everybody at the table was an attorney.  Embarrassing.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, it sounded like a meltdown thread.  I almost said: calm down, it's not Friday.

Hilarious!

Matt, you must be one strong mofo!

Just B.S.

1 kilometer in the pool this morning.

Just finished a 6 mile run with 600 feet of climb and windy. That was fun.Roll eyes

Luke79

1 kilometer in the pool this morning.

Just finished a 6 mile run with 600 feet of climb and windy. That was fun.Roll eyes

haha.  I must say I'm jealous of the swimming though, what a great workout that must be.

YAYpril - B-Plus

It's so nice outside that I'm thinking about doing a second run.

Ric-G, that looks cool! Perhaps i'll do that in 2014, if I can't afford an international marathon trip.

Marjorie, brava on the 10.7. I hope that your evening goes better than your day.

Damaris, you just made me laugh so abruptly that I spewed the water I was drinking. LOL!

Beth, great swim and hilly run.

AprilRunner, what's stopping you?

I've made a tentative workout plan for the eight days of Passover. I have to put off starting the Blue Advanced Plan for two weeksSad This coming Sunday, I'll do my normal long run and weights, but I'll chase weights with the cardio I'd have done Tuesday. Tuesday night, I'll do weights with free weights at home. Thursday, I'll do an Monday's easy run in the evening. I'll repeat that the following week.

I also think that I've chosen my correct paces. I'll have to change my training schedule to accommodate the workouts in the blue plan, as well as my weight training, ab work, and non-running (gasp!) cardio:

Sunday: long run in the morning, weights and cardio in the afternoon, ab work, push-ups

Monday: one-hour easy run in the morning, push-ups, ab work

Tuesday: speedwork in the morning, weights in the evening, push-ups, ab work

Wednesday: speedwork in the morning, easy run with eight strides with the run club in the evening, push-ups, ab work

Thursday: weights and cardio in the morning, push-ups, ab work

Friday: easy run with eight strides in the morning, push-ups, ab work

Saturday: SRD

Just B.S.

haha.  I must say I'm jealous of the swimming though, what a great workout that must be.

Luke, you should try it! It's amazing and I'm totally addicted. I'm actually way more excited for

my tri's this year than the 2 marathons I'm planning.

I also 100% believe it's helping my running. A  fast runner girlfriend of mine started swimming

at the same time and she feels the same way.  Must be something about the lung capacity and

controlled breathing but my runs, even tempos, feel so much easier now. And that's after 14 years

of running.

LRB

I also 100% believe it's helping my running. A  fast runner girlfriend of mine started swimming

at the same time and she feels the same way.  Must be something about the lung capacity and

controlled breathing but my runs, even tempos, feel so much easier now. And that's after 14 years

of running.

Swimming gasses me like I ran from the cops for 26.2 miles!

I came a long way in a short time with my swimming though, it will be nice to get back at it some day.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Basya, that schedule looks pretty solid to me! I decided to bag the second run. Today is a recovery day and I didn't want to overdo it, especially since I'm doing 8+ tomorrow.

Beth, I'm in the school of wish I could swim to supplement my running. A swim membership for me would basically be a second gym membership. I love my gym but I don't have access to a pool. Sad