Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins , carpe diem - seize the day! (Read 218 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! 

What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) 

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Penguins!

Scotty - I do full body workouts every other day but it's with light weights. I'm trying to get buff enough to get my pic in the Sexiest Male Celebrity thread!

Yesterday was full body workout at the gym. Then at home I did core exercises, resistance exercises, and stretching .My wife and I "Multi-task" while we sing - she sings and I'll do planks, I sing and she'll do aerobics! Today if I get home early enough I hope to get out on my bike, it has been beautiful out.

Enjoy today!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Morning guys! Post pics Gustav when you get Sexiest Man of the Year! : ) Long day for me today but I'm going to do 5 miles on the inside track tonight. Have a wonderful day! Brenda

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

Dad on the run.

Hey all. I felt like I was ran over my a freight train when I got home. I was so tired, my head hurt and I just felt worn down, probably due to the overnight karaoke saturday and the terrible eating, lol. Anyways, I got home cleaned up the house from the Christmas/Thanksgiving party we had with my wifes family, ate dinner with the wife after she got home and I was in bed and asleep by 7pm and it felt amazing! So... got to get my workout and run in today.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Robert31320

Team TJ

SRD for me.  I get back on the early morning schedule tomorrow.

Running for TJ because he can't.

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Good morning Penguins!

Well it is going to have to be an RD for me. I am working late tonight (have a late photo shoot) and I have to finish vacuum sealing our clothes tonight. Movers are coming to pack our things on Thursday, so I want to make sure our stuff is separated from the stuff we are taking on the plane and the stuff that is getting shipped. Why does it feel like there isn't much time left?!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll catch you taters later!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Penguins !!!   Might postpone RD again if it's still nice after work.  Need to get over to the health club to do some resistance work.

Have a great day !!!!

ps:  Congrats on race Traci. !,,,

Philliefan33

Good morning everyone.

gustav -- I agree, we need pictures when you are buff!

Brenda -- Try to enjoy the 5.  Sounds like too many circles to me, and I'd get bored.

JB -- you must have needed the rest, if you fell asleep that early.

Robert & TSTS -- rest well

Scotty -- yesterday you asked what was my "unseasonably warm".  It got up to 65º yestereday, the normal high is 49º. 

I'm also on a SRD.  I'm going for a massage after work.  I don't do this often (ok, hardly ever -- this will be my third massage ever), but I found a Groupon for a $35 hour-long massage at a place not far from home.  I bought the Groupon in August -- it's about time I use it.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

8 miles done this morning.  I'm now tied for my longest streak at 14 days and feeling great!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Morning All!

Gustav, wow can you do some of those workouts for me?

Brenda, good luck with the 5 hopefully that indoor track its 2.5 miles long Smile.

JB wow that sounds sooo nice, my DW is a night person, but I need to get up early to run.. doesn't mix too well...

Robert and Jerry, enjoy the RD.

Rach, moving is so stressfull but having movers helps.  And since I fail at reading all the penguin threads where are you moving from and too?

Margo, enjoy the massage!  Your a chemist you earned it Smile (Its that whole P-Chem thing, they wouldn't understand, hell I don't even understand Smile)

Dave, you sir are an Animal!

AFM, 5.2 done this morning, missed the rain by an hour it looks like (nerts, I need the points for the winter running challenge).  Life has been incredibly busy but at least I learned how to change an alternator in a 2001 Saturn SL.  Staying current with my streak so that is good, too bad the majority of my runnes have been 1.3 Sad.

Have a Happy Tuesday All!

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

Morning all!! 3 treadmill miles this morning for me. Work has been insane lately, a typical day has about 40 patients between our 2 treatment machines and we have 52 right now!! I need running shoes for work too! But at least there is no down time to eat all the junk food that seems too readily available these days!!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I've had a lot of URDs lately for various reasons and I don't like it Sad. I've been so good with my training and now my race is less than 2 weeks away, I can't afford this. But this morning my body didnt guve me a choice....GI issues forced me to stay in my apartment instead of heading out for my run Sad. I posted this at 10pm in the Monday penguin thread but assumibg many people dont go back and read it that late I'll tell you guys again. Registration opened yeaterday for two races I KNOW I want to do next year and even though both are more than 6 months away I signed up! 10 miler in June and half in October!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Good morning everyone.

gustav -- I agree, we need pictures when you are buff!

Brenda -- Try to enjoy the 5.  Sounds like too many circles to me, and I'd get bored.

JB -- you must have needed the rest, if you fell asleep that early.

Robert & TSTS -- rest well

Scotty -- yesterday you asked what was my "unseasonably warm".  It got up to 65º yestereday, the normal high is 49º. 

I'm also on a SRD.  I'm going for a massage after work.  I don't do this often (ok, hardly ever -- this will be my third massage ever), but I found a Groupon for a $35 hour-long massage at a place not far from home.  I bought the Groupon in August -- it's about time I use it.

The thing is if I fall asleep at 7pm that gives me exactly 8 hours of sleep before I have to get up for work which is nice compared to the 4 or 5 I typically get.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

Good morning, colonists! Second day of rest, due to my little being ill. My only work out has been dodging power vomit. You're welcome.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! SRD. Court and a brief to finish (well, to start and finish). See you later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page