Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are out the door (Read 47 times)

LRB

See you in a bit...

Docket_Rocket

Enjoy the run!

Heading to the office.  Hoping the bitch at work is not there today so we can all have a nice day.  A run tonight.  Just a short one.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I'll run a bit today. My usual 6.

Purchased two new pairs of shoes online yesterday. Heavy trainers (Saucony Ride 6) and another pair I dunno if my body will handle well (Nike Free Run 3). Bought the latter to wear once in a while, to make my feet stronger.

Zelanie

Morning! Just landed in Chicago. Smile There is still hope for me to get some zzzs because my training doesn't start until 11:30.

Cy, if you like the Rides but find them too clunky,  you might like the Saucony Breakthru. I love mine.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

About to head out the door for 6-7 miles, whatever I can manage in an hour.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Good morning!

Rick, enjoy your run! Hopefully you're having good fall weather in Detroit.

Damaris, seems like you've been hating on that woman for ages now. Her newborn must be what, 15 years old, now?  Sorry that she hasn't been transferred somewhere else already. Have a good run!

Cy, did you purchase from an American site? I thought they didn't ship shoes across the border? Good luck with them!

Zel, enjoy Chicago and hopefully the training as well!

FreeSoul, have a nice relaxing run!

I have 8 at recovery tonight. I registered for a marathon which is in a few weeks. It's in Mexico. I don't plan on a PR, but if I can manage a sub-3:45 (there will be heat, so I have to keep that in mind), I have a chance at first place AG. Last year's AG winner finished in 3:44. Third place was like 4:00. The prize for 1st AG is $500.00, the 2nd $300.00 and 3rd $200.00. So I spend $1000.00 on a trip to Mexico to have a chance to win $500. It's logical, right? 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning.

12.6 under a beautiful sky.  My legs are starting to feel good again.

Hope everyone has a kickass Friday!

Runner with a riding problem.

Little Blue

Good morning, energetic people!

I have to get tires on my car this morning, so I'll run on a nearby greenway while that's happening.  It's a lovely greenway that I never go to otherwise.  Probably about 5 miles round trip.

Enjoy your Friday!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

So I spend $1000.00 on a trip to Mexico to have a chance to win $500. It's logical, right? 

Well yeah!

Docket_Rocket

Good morning!

Rick, enjoy your run! Hopefully you're having good fall weather in Detroit.

Damaris, seems like you've been hating on that woman for ages now. Her newborn must be what, 15 years old, now?  Sorry that she hasn't been transferred somewhere else already. Have a good run!

Cy, did you purchase from an American site? I thought they didn't ship shoes across the border? Good luck with them!

Zel, enjoy Chicago and hopefully the training as well!

FreeSoul, have a nice relaxing run!

I have 8 at recovery tonight. I registered for a marathon which is in a few weeks. It's in Mexico. I don't plan on a PR, but if I can manage a sub-3:45 (there will be heat, so I have to keep that in mind), I have a chance at first place AG. Last year's AG winner finished in 3:44. Third place was like 4:00. The prize for 1st AG is $500.00, the 2nd $300.00 and 3rd $200.00. So I spend $1000.00 on a trip to Mexico to have a chance to win $500. It's logical, right? 

Not only has she not transferred, she made a complaint to the Equal Employment Commission for hostile work environment (the only hostile person that yells at the staff is her, fancy that) and discrimination.  All the stuff we were questioned about for the complaint were so stupid and minor, I almost laughed through the whole interview.  Apparently, instead of the mediocre worker she is, she really thinks she is the ace of the office.  Too bad someone else is stealing her performance awards every year.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Canadian site. I've bought at runningwarehouse before. They will ship to Canada. But with the shipping costs, and the additional customs fees, there's not much of a deal left. So I bought from a Canadian site: sportinglife.ca

That's cool! Stay away from the cute leather boots.

delicate flower

Free Coffee Friday at Cumberland Farms and I cashed in this morning.  BOOM.  Thanks to my lovely wife rolling out of bed at 5:30 this morning and essentially forcing me to get up, I did my morning run instead of sleeping through it.  She's been responsible for me not missing at least two morning runs this week.  I need to get my act together.  I see a lot of early morning runs in my future since I need to keep my afternoons clear for swimming (pool's empty at 4:00 PM).  Speaking of which....

I had a private lesson with our tri club's swim coach last night.  Funny, when I told him the Iroman is in August, he said "You and I are going to become real close over the next 10 months!"  Heh...meaning I suck at swimming and need a lot of work.  But after one lesson he's already got me swimming better.  So, I'll hit the pool after work today to practice.

tl;dr:  swim lesson last night, run this morning.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Squeezed in an extra 5 before dinner last night.  Taking today off.  Have 14 tough trail miles tomorrow (preview run for the relay I'm doing next month) and then 20+ on Sunday, figured a rest day wouldn't kill me (ok, fine, I was just lazy this morning lol).

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, someone brought me a Boston Cream (I'm all alone in the conference room).  I think I need the carbs, no?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got 6.3 miles in this morning, on a hilly route but I'll take the hilly route over the more dangerous, more traffic infested route any day. Smile

Coffee sounds good, so do blueberry donuts (or doughnuts for some

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)