Beginners and Beyond

Ever seen someone sweat like this? (Read 179 times)

tracilynn

Mid 60s? I'd hate to see the amount of sweat if it were actually hot out!  That's insane.

~~~~~~~

Traci

MrNamtor

A buddy and I trained together for 3 months for a tough boulder climb a few years ago. We used to climb the fire escape on the side of the building where we worked, and this guy would sweat so much that if i were below him it felt like it was drizzling.

Also the rails would get slick and we were climbing by hoisting ourselves over the rails, not using the steps, so i always thought we would one day fall to our deaths, but we never did.

LRB

I didn't get past the second wring of his sock!

Mmmmm...beer

That's how I sweat when it's hot out (not mid 60s), like today.  I got back from 7 miles and my wife asked me if it rained while I was out there, since we've been having scattered storms.  No rain, but I looked like it had rained, I was completely drenched and dripping.  Takes me a good 30-40 mins to cool down from a run like that before I can even shower, otherwise I'll still be sweating when I get out.  I can drop 5lbs easy on a hot day, sometimes more.

Just looked up the dew point, 77*, no wonder I was drenched. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Yeap.  Welcome to Miami!

That's how I sweat when it's hot out (not mid 60s), like today.  I got back from 7 miles and my wife asked me if it rained while I was out there, since we've been having scattered storms.  No rain, but I looked like it had rained, I was completely drenched and dripping.  Takes me a good 30-40 mins to cool down from a run like that before I can even shower, otherwise I'll still be sweating when I get out.  I can drop 5lbs easy on a hot day, sometimes more.

Just looked up the dew point, 77*, no wonder I was drenched. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

Yeap.  Welcome to Miami!

Makes me think of that Will Smith song... I finished your line with Bienvenido a Miami, lol.

Docket_Rocket

Big grin

Makes me think of that Will Smith song... I finished your line with Bienvenido a Miami, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

#artbydmcbride

There is a guy in my running club that sweats like that.  It is crazy to see it.

Runners run

grape.

not affiliated with you

I only break out into an extreme sweat when I'm hungover and nauseous. I don't know why, but I suddenly get drenched in sweat. Nothing weird when I actually sweat from exercise. Maybe hyperhydrosis?

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Your buddy needs to get some lightweight, non cotton socks that don't hold so much water.

This.  Wearing two pair of what look to be cotton socks don't help him any.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Resident Historian

If your shoes are leaving puddles behind on every step...

... you might be running in Florida in the summer!

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

Mr MattM

be curious; not judgmental