Beginners and Beyond

Cowtown 5k RR (Virtual Version) (Read 40 times)

PADRunner

This morning I ran the Cowtown 5k (Virtual Version)

The Cowtown 5k was canceled due to inclimate weather, so they came up with a way for runners to
    earn their medals. You run a 5k on your own and send in a form with your time and bib number.

I added the actual route to ifit and ran it on the treadmill.

So what's a virtual 5k without a virtual RR?

I woke up around 5:30 and wondered into the kitchen to start the coffee maker,
    I got dressed in a pair of shorts and sat down at the computer with my coffee and a date.

After catching up on what happened in the world (and RA) over night I started to get ready. I decided on my yellow wave riders for the day, strapped on my HRM and I was ready.

I stopped by the bathroom on the way down the hall for a last minute stop then headed for the treadmill. I climbed aboard and brought up the Cowtown 5k workout, selected some Alan Parsons music and I was off.

The first mile is a good uphill climb and it brought my HR more than I wanted so I had to back off a bit. The rest is a gentle down hill slope with a slight rise at the end.

I started my kick with about .25 to go and ran it in.

I finished in 41:42
     First place overall.(It's virtual, I can win if I want!)

After the race I headed for the shower, then the kitchen where I feasted on some whole wheat pancakes.

Hopefully the ice will melt off today so I can head to the expo to pick up my bib for tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Nice way to run on the TM.  Nice job.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Best RR ever!  Big grin

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

First overall! Great work, PAD! now you're in Jay's league.

GinnyinPA

That's a pretty good climb there.  Congratulations on finishing;-)

And good luck tomorrow.

happylily

I so love that! I wish I could run all my marathons like this. It would be better for the environment if we didn't have to travel for our races. No fuel used for traveling, no towels to wash at the hotel, etc... In fact, we should invent a TM that does not use electricity. The belt would turn under our own mechanical action. Not sure how that would work, but someone brighter than me will surely find a way to figure that out.

Congrats on the first place overall! How was the wait in the corral? Did you have to fight off the hordes of virtual competitors on the TM, in your mind?

(no wonder runners have a reputation for being slightly unbalanced up there...)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

That's pretty cool.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

PADRunner

I so love that! I wish I could run all my marathons like this. It would be better for the environment if we didn't have to travel for our races. No fuel used for traveling, no towels to wash at the hotel, etc... In fact, we should invent a TM that does not use electricity. The belt would turn under our own mechanical action. Not sure how that would work, but someone brighter than me will surely find a way to figure that out.

Congrats on the first place overall! How was the wait in the corral? Did you have to fight off the hordes of virtual competitors on the TM, in your mind?

(no wonder runners have a reputation for being slightly unbalanced up there...)

Maybe when true virtual reality comes around they'll do it.

No waiting in the corrals. I was right on the line when the gun went off and never saw another runner for the whole race.

LRB

I was right on the line when the gun went off and never saw another runner for the whole race.

lol

I wish my treadmill did that. Actually, I wish I had a treadmill.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Damnit!

Beat me I havent even started mine!

Grrrr...  I demand a Do-over!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

So, did you run a virtual FM today?

PADRunner

So, did you run a virtual FM today?

Not virtual but I ran two steps forward and 1 back in a half.

GinnyinPA

Not virtual but I ran two steps forward and 1 back in a half.

Still icy?

hog4life

Alan Parsons! Oh yea!  Best RR ever! Congrats on the overall win.

Zelanie

That's awesome that you could get the actual course for your race.  And no lines for the bathroom!

Congrats on first place. Smile  Sorry about the crummy weather.