Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES of Saturday (Read 31 times)

LRB

Hello.

I tore my heel up something good yesterday running up and down the side of that stupid ass mountain on that raggedy ass road. It seems it's at its worst after prolonged sitting though, so I'll do some pre-run dynamic stuff to loosen it up before heading out and trying for 5.

What about you? Or in the words of a former member here, what about ya'll?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates this morning and then a bike ride tonight.

Hershey was sent back home yesterday after they conducted like 300 tests.  Hoping to hear from the vet today and I hope it's nothing bad.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Sending good vibes to Hersheycat.

I ran 11.3 warm and windy miles.  It was all in daylight, but the sun refused to shine.  I didn't let that cloud Smile my mood, and still liked the shit outta it.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

GinnyinPA

Our local Beer Runners group is meeting this afternoon at a new brewpub to run 4 and then socialize. I'll do a couple on my own before meeting with the group.

delicate flower

I tore my heel up something good yesterday 

Stop breaking shit.

'Morning.  I have a spin and a run today.  I probably should have done the spin already but I was too much of a fat lazy turd to get out of bed early.  Sooo, I'll do that now.

<3

Cyberic

Ran 14, maybe, (can't remember exactly) in the cold, the wind, it's snowing, there is ice on the ground from stupid rain this week, and I ran it on the mountain.

Cyberic

Damn, LRB, that sucks. Hopefully nothing too bad.

Ginny, beer runners, niiice.

No more marathons

Ran 14, maybe, (can't remember exactly) in the cold, the wind, it's snowing, there is ice on the ground from stupid rain this week, and I ran it on the mountain.

Damn, if I was in charges of stars there would be something special for this.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Todays long(ish) run was an effort the whole way.  11.1 miles and 38.8 for the last 6 days.

Not hard, just an effort.  There wasn't anything left in the tank to pick the pace up at the end, which I normally like to do.

Guess that is to be expected.  This is my highest week since the end of 2015.

the week also had two quality workouts on Tuesday and Thursday.

And I'm on pace to have my highest annual miles - ever.  Current record is 1,854 back in 1982.

Don't really expect to stay on this pace, but -----

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

I decided to run an 8k race instead of the tempo run Addie gave me for yesterday. The weather was excellent and it was more fun this way.  33:14 was my time. 1st place woman.

Cyberic

I decided to run an 8k race instead of the tempo run Addie gave me for yesterday. The weather was excellent and it was more fun this way.  33:14 was my time. 1st place woman.

Excellent job! A 8k race surely qualifies as a tempo run.

onemile

That sounds miserable but you are smiling. Or is that a grimace?

Cyberic

Todays long(ish) run was an effort the whole way.  11.1 miles and 38.8 for the last 6 days.

Not hard, just an effort.  There wasn't anything left in the tank to pick the pace up at the end, which I normally like to do.

Guess that is to be expected.  This is my highest week since the end of 2015.

the week also had two quality workouts on Tuesday and Thursday.

And I'm on pace to have my highest annual miles - ever.  Current record is 1,854 back in 1982.

Don't really expect to stay on this pace, but -----

Nice job, bluesky!

onemile

Excellent job! A 8k race surely qualifies as a tempo run.

It was a harder workout than what she gave me... but easier to motivate 

Cyberic

That sounds miserable but you are smiling. Or is that a grimace?

I was done, and it was a half true, half forced smile