Beginners and Beyond

SunHumidDailies (Read 35 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

The humidity is back in the NE.  I ran 10 in occasional rain with threats of thunder.  Easy pace, though the humidity made breathing a little harder.  A good run, and the first week of marathon training is now in the books.  Have a good day everyone.  I'm rooting for Croatia over France just to see a new country win the cup.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Half Crazy K 2.0

9.6. That was was awful. Stopped twice for water to try and cool off. Didn't work. Really slow and I was really cursing my decision to do a mid September half.

onemile

16 for me. Happy MRT week 1  

LRB

I ran 8.

It was only 81 but because the sun was in full bloom and my route has no shade, I took 4 ounces of Powerade just in case. I went out 4 then got back into my sub and drank it at the 7.70 mile mark. Face, meet Palm. Palm, say hello to Face.

LRB

The humidity is back in the NE.  I ran 10 in occasional rain with threats of thunder.  Easy pace, though the humidity made breathing a little harder.  A good run, and the first week of marathon training is now in the books.  Have a good day everyone.  I'm rooting for Croatia over France just to see a new country win the cup.

That's always exciting. How many weeks total?

LRB

16 for me. Happy MRT week 1  

Did you switch to MM?

delicate flower

I ran 10 at the track, and I was miserable the whole time.  The heat and humidity alone were bad enough, but my legs were dead from yesterday's bike ride, so this run was a sufferfest.  I stopped twice (miles 4 and 7) to rest a bit and drink some water.  I'm just happy I got the entire 10 miles done.  There were a ton of guys on the football field playing soccer, so it was nice having that company there and instead of being alone.

<3

delicate flower

For the week:

Swim - 8.3 miles

Bike - 125.1 miles

Run - 32.3 miles

15 hours, 19 minutes of training.

<3

onemile

Did you switch to MM?

nah, I just said that to shut up all the yahoos who chime in every time the course I am planning to run is mentioned.

Cyberic

nah, I just said that to shut up all the yahoos who chime in every time the course I am planning to run is mentioned.

NYCM, Yahoooooo! 

I ran 16.5 on the mountain with a cool gang, under the shade of of  trees. Was a little hot, but not so bad, and the company was great.

74 miles for the week.

LRB

I'm excited to see what Addie, Addie, Bo-Baddie has in store for you this cycle. The course itself is immaterial considering what you've raced on the past two years. But that was funny.

sdWhiskers

5 miles. Planned on 7 but opted to sleep in a little and then ran out of time.

Heading to Legoland! We've lived here over 5 years but have never been. And it's going to be a hot one.

zzyzx

Yesterday was going to be my long run but I had a bad health night on Saturday with a fever spiking up to 102 and it's in the upper 80s/low 90s this weekend so I couldn't. I'm switching my October goal to just finish. I've had too many health issues this year.

Today I hit up the treadmill with the intention of doing a slow 6 miles or so. Instead - as always - I got bored and started increasing the speed. I then wanted to do a 5k but somehow I messed up the whole thing about 2.1 miles in. I then did a really fast 2/3 of a mile and called it good. Speed work is useful too right? Wink

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

That's always exciting. How many weeks total?

18 weeks, for the NY Marathon.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Good Afternoon

RD today. Was thinking of doing some core work but I still feel pretty crappy. Got a great nights sleep though which should help. Back at it tomorrow. I'm thinking 400 reps on Mon and then the 4x4min intervals on Thursday. Maybe that will work for me? I definitely cant do Q days Tue/Thurs...need 2 days in between I think.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???