Beginners and Beyond

:( So Sad :( (Read 70 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Runshortii

Saw these too...kind of had me spooked out as I run alone most of the time. I don't run with headphones though and stay in busy areas as much as possible, and don't run alone on trails anymore. But still makes you think.

do you run with pepper spray or anything? I've thought about it...but knowing me I would spray myself lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Saw these too...kind of had me spooked out as I run alone most of the time. I don't run with headphones though and stay in busy areas as much as possible, and don't run alone on trails anymore. But still makes you think.

do you run with pepper spray or anything? I've thought about it...but knowing me I would spray myself lol

If I don't have my German Shepherd with me, I do carry pepper spray. But I also just stay aware of everything around me, I've trained my ears to hear even the slightest sound, I've learned that you can hear a vehicle slowing down or speeding up as they are coming up behind you, or even in some cases if they are moving into the lane to get closer to you, and at night you can see their headlights and tell whether they are staying over or moving towards you. I'm always suspicious of vehicles or figures or people when out on the road, and if I notice anything strange, suspicious or ominous on a road or in a neighborhood, I avoid that area for a while.

I just do my best to be area of my surroundings and to always trust my intuition or gut instinct, and I do not run with music anymore.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

One of the reasons I am glad I live in a big city where there are hundreds of cars around me while running all stuck in rush hour traffic.  Very sad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

So sad.  Be careful, ladies, be smart about your route, time of day, etc.  What a world we live in that we have to worry about that.

If I don't have my German Shepherd with me, I do carry pepper spray...

My husband wants to buy me a German Shepherd to run with.  (I think he really just wants a German Shepherd....)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So sad.  Be careful, ladies, be smart about your route, time of day, etc.  What a world we live in that we have to worry about that.

My husband wants to buy me a German Shepherd to run with.  (I think he really just wants a German Shepherd....)

They're intimidating dogs, that's for sure. I adopted Jetta from a rescue last July when she was about 5 months old.

PRs

onemile

They're intimidating dogs, that's for sure. I adopted Jetta from a rescue last July when she was about 5 months old.

lol she looks like a goofy puppy to me.

LRB

That's funny! Bruno on the other hand, looks like he'll snatch a ham bone out of someone's ass!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, this was like 2 weeks ago, it was humid and we were almost done with our run... she wanted air conditioning lol.

Plus, you're familiar with GSD's so they don't scare you Other people are a little more apprehensive around her.

PRs

onemile

That's funny! Bruno on the other hand, looks like he'll snatch a ham bone out of someone's ass!

This innocent face?

LRB

There was a woman who was shot while running here two weeks ago that I've been following. You wouldn't've heard about it though because of the location. Ally Brueger, Rose Township.

Anyway, because of the manner in which it happened, the authorities do not think it was random. Still, a suspect has not been named.

Docket_Rocket

He would, and still look like a goofy puppy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

This innocent face?

They had one today sniffing all over and I got into the elevator with him and the handler.  She had hidden things (not sure what she hid) around the building and they were trying to see if he could catch them all.  <3

Damaris

Fundraising Page

onemile

Imma have to start carrying my glock on my runs.

onemile

They had one today sniffing all over and I got into the elevator with him and the handler.  She had hidden things (not sure what she hid) around the building and they were trying to see if he could catch them all.  <3

We are back in nosework on Friday.