Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

StepbyStep-SH

It's early, it's cold, it's Saturday. You know the drill.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

So continues my "extreme taper" week. I had intentions of doing my usual day-before-a-race 3-mile shakeout run this morning, but I woke up to the sounds of Mother Nature trying to rip our house apart. Sorry, but 30 mph winds, gusting to 40 mph, are not something I'm going to run in. So, since I'm up, I'll do a yoga video and use the foam roller to try to make my muscles play nice before driving for 3-4 hours today.

The good news is that I get an FE tonight with runningmomtoboys and 12EasyMiles!

Make it great, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

'Sup!

It's cold, it's snowing, the wind is blowing like a mofo, and I am going to go run in that shit.  #tard.

Hey LRB - don't you know it's offensive to use the word "tard"? in this case, mostly offensive to the tards. Running today just makes you a complete fucking idiot. Well anyway that's what my wife calls me when I run in this shit. Enjoy!

Shari, rest up, enjoy the FE & take plenty of pics!

My plan for today: something. Starting with clearing all this damn new snow off the driveway.

Have a day, everyone.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good morning, Step, Richard, and Dave! Morning Dailies!

Well, I've been away for a couple of days (away from the forum, that is), but I haven't done much running since that boring 2 miles on the treadmill a few days ago.

Very cold temperatures, and our first week of the training cycle at work have kept me a little busy.

It's a little warmer today, and will be even warmer tomorrow. So, I'm going to probably just do a power walk today, and enjoy the mid 40s tomorrow for my run. Monday, TSHTF again with more single-digit temperatures on the way. I guess I'd better find a way to like the treadmill.

Step, enjoy your FE this evening.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Running today just makes you a complete fucking idiot.

I hear that!

The plan is for a set of VO2 max intervals if conditions allow, which will become a modified progressive run if conditions do not allow it, which will become an easy run if conditions do not allow that, which will become a go the hell back from whence you came if conditions do not allow that!

I am out, peace!

Will run for scenery.

I think I'm gonna buy me some marshmallow shoes today.  I tried on some Hokas yesterday and loved the feel.  A couple other brands I wanted to try (Mizuno ? Saucony ?) but didn't have time.

I haven't decided what else to do - apart from the coffee, duh!  I might walk uphill if it looks nice out, otherwise hit the TM (gently!)

Enjoy your workouts and/or rest.

Step - say Howdy to Heidi for us!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Just B.S.

Same old same old since first of December. Cold, snowing and windy.

Yesterday was 1000 in the pool at 7am and 7 miles on the mill at 7 pm. After 2 weeks of being

sick its nice to get back to a normal schedule.

Today will be treadmill too much snow covering all the ice and -8 with windchill.

Will save outdoors for tomorrows long run of 15 miles.

We should find out Monday if there are the 20 people needed for our Italy marathon

trip, this fall, so hoping this goes ahead!! Otherwise we will have to make all our own

arrangements for our 30 the anniversary trip/marathon in Europe and no guide and

bus to drive us around Smile. Plus we love the group of  runners we usually travel with, its

just more fun with running friends.

Good luck Shari!  And happy weekend to all!

happylily

Good luck, Shari! Have fun at the FE and race! And I hope all goes well for the trip back tomorrow, drive carefully.

LRB, enjoy your cold run, you're hardore!

Dave, have fun with "something"!

Tom, I noticed your absence. Don't do that again! Your presence is required here. :-) Have a nice walk today.

JJ, happy shopping! Be careful on the TM or on the trails!

Beth, Yep, still cold and windy here as well. grrr... But, it's January, right? Wishing you good luck in getting enough people to sign up for your fabulous trip to Italy!

I have 9 miles at recovery pace this morning.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Beth, Yep, still cold and windy here as well. grrr... But, it's January, right? Wishing you good luck in getting enough people to sign up for your fabulous trip to Italy!

I have 9 miles at recovery pace this morning.

Exactly Lily. Which is why I usually just repeat the weather and not complain about it.

Its winter in Eastern Canada, what else would we expect Smile We would be shocked with

Anything else. . Enjoy your 9.   The trip isn't just for locals, FYI Smile You could meet us for the

connector flight out of Toronto.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I slept 10 hours which after 48 hours of no sleeping, was awesome.  Some miles tonight.  I picked my friend from the hospital and she is at her house.  They found a 30% blockage on her arteries so she needs to continue losing weight and exercising.

Good luck this weekend, Shari.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! RD for me. I'll need to reschedule my weekend run for tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it done before another Blizzard rolls in to town. we're meeting our realtor for the first time. He's going to check out our house and get an idea of what we're looking for.

- Andrew

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom, I noticed your absence. Don't do that again! Your presence is required here. :-) Have a nice walk today.

Well, thank you!

This week, particularly Thursday, was hectic. We did our first multi-company "black start" drill, where we had system operators from several electric utility companies participate in actually rebuilding their power systems after a simulated blackout. We've participated in them many times, but this is the first time we've hosted one and used our simulator simultaneously. It went well, though it wore me out.

Half the training staff wasn't even at work yesterday, having put in well over 40 hours for the week. I did come in, to make some changes to my training presentations and to go over some "tweaks" needed in the simulator model. A couple of my co-workers really deserve major kudos for a job well done - the ones that really put the simulation together.

Yesterday was also the day that we set our new winter peak demand for power consumption, with single digit temperatures across the area. It was hectic in the control room, but since I've been working with training the last few months, I stayed away. I did offer to help out if needed, but I was happy to watch that from a distance.

Anyway, I slept a great deal Thursday night and last night. Thur, I was in bed by 9:30 and up at 5 for work. Last night, 10 PM, and up without alarm at 6:30. It felt good to NOT hear the alarm! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me. We are at the puppy pool now.

Marjorie

Zelanie

Morning!  Got my 14 done last night, then started on DD's 16th birthday cake.  Today I need to finish the cake and run 4.  Then it's birthday dinner and celebrating with the family.

Shari- I hope that you have a great time!

Tom- Sounds like work is keeping you busy!

Dave and LRB- Ugh, sorry you're dealing with more of that crap again today.

jjs- You haven't lived until you've tried Sauconys Smile  But then again, I've never tried Hokas.

Beth- Hope you get the people you need for your trip!

Julie- Have a nice run!

Andrew- Good luck with the realtor.

D- Glad your friend is home and that you got some rest.  Sending good thoughts to your DH.

Marjorie- Enjoy the puppy pool!  So far the steroid shot is working wonders for Zoe.