Beginners and Beyond

OK Friday Penguins - Which One Is You? (Read 38 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I am all kinds of sleepy today.  I convinced my chorus that we needed to buy a projector, since I'm giving a presentation for them next week.  It came in on Wednesday, and I picked it up at chorus last night.  DH and I are going to test out all the connections and such by hanging up a sheet and watching movies all weekend.  Woo-hoo!!

Gustav -- funny movie!!  I took ice skating in college, for a grand total of three classes.  Then the ache of the bruises outweighed the hilarity factor and I dropped.

Bin -- no worries, you're gonna be great!!

kristin -- brr, that's cold!!  Congrats on getting out there!!

Scotty -- sounds like a sweet run!!

jblack -- I tried running in regular shoes last year sometime, and I ended up running about a quarter mile back home in my socks, carrying my shoes.  Embrace the weird!!

Docket -- have a good SRD!!

Stone -- congrats on your 4, and welcome to the flock!!

Jack -- enjoy your weekend full of miles!!

Baboon, good morning!!  How's the delicate flower today?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Morning Penguins. I'd be the one about 10 ft behind the last one off camera.

3 easy this morning, supposed to be 5.5 but my hamstrings are really tight and sore. Supposed to run a 5k tomorrow but may DNS or just run it easy. I'll see how I fell in the morning I guess. The 11mile LR on Sunday is going to be tough too. My feet sound like they are slapping the pavement a lot during my runs recently, more on the left than right.

Four weeks till the Half and losing confidence.

Bin Running

Jack, one more week for you to taper. Big grin

Stone fence, welcome.

PAD, stretch those hamstring.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Hopesmom, sound like a backyard cinema party! Bring on the trilogy.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Singer who runs a smidge

We own all of the Harry Potter movies ...  Big grin

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

Welcome stone!  Great job on the 4 miler.  That's a big milestone.

bin, you got this!

jack, have fun with your runs (sounds funny) and celebrating DWs bday.

Lol at the flashlights taped to the car.

Jerry, having fun in Nashville?

hello hopes, jimmy, baboon, Gus

Damaris, about female surgery... My BFF wanted her tubes tied at age 25 and I had to be a "witness" at her appt verifying her wishes. That was 13 years ago and she has not changed her mind. Ha.  Hopefully you will not need surgery.

Kristin, good job getting put even for 3. speaking of it being cold there....

so my 15yr old is flying to NYC for the weekend to sightsee.   She refused to take a coat  because she said she wanted to" look cute" while she was there. Her coat is not "cute enough" She is gonna freeze her AZZ off!  Teenagers! Ugh.

I ran 3.3 last night. It was brutally cold but only 40. I don't like running in the dark.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack, one more week for you to taper. Big grin

Stone fence, welcome.

PAD, stretch those hamstring.

Two weeks, but who's counting?  Wink

Dad on the run.

That magic vudu stuff is of the devil!!!! Tongue lol.

We own all of the Harry Potter movies ...  Big grin

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

That magic vudu stuff is of the devil!!!! Tongue lol.

Oh, suck it. Joking

My office direct line ends in 666.  I love it.  I also sleep with a black cat in my arms every night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Welcome, Stone! Congrats on the 4-miler! That is really the ticket- to find the pace that you can maintain. Sounds like you've got that! I started with couch to 5K, so I remember that first 4-miler well. Now, that's a recovery run for me, but back them it took as much focus as my long runs take today.

More conference for me today. But I got in my planned run yesterday, so I am less grumpy. My goal for today is to convince the others to walk around Old Town a bit instead of just riding a bus and looking at it.

Singer who runs a smidge

<--- and her DH are good Presbyterians.  Who love Harry Potter.  Joking

Dad on the run.

HsM - We have all the movies as well. I'm a huge magic/fantasy fan. I hope no one thought I was serious Undecided hahaha.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Singer who runs a smidge

No, I think the tongue sticking out emoticon conveyed your sarcasm all right!  Big grin

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

I had the weirdest run today. I think my Garmin's broken. This was the first-ever "easy 3 miler" that actually felt easy - didn't have to stop to stretch like I usually do, feels like I didn't even run this morning, and I ran the second mile in 9:16. WTF? That's a touch faster than I ran the first two miles of my 5K in October and I was wheezing and panting the whole way! And on top of that I got about 5 hours of sleep because I was so congested I couldn't breathe. Crazy business. I'm on track for ~16 miles for the week as long as I get in the 5ish I have planned on Sunday at my parents' house.

Dad on the run.

Its funny anytime I say "of the devil" I hear Kathy Bates from The Waterboy in my head.

"that fooseball is of the devil"

Chasing the sub 20 5K.