Beginners and Beyond

New Garmin watches being released soon - 230, 235, 630 (Read 79 times)

From the Internet.

Link to DC Rainmaker preview

Crazy that they just came out with the 225 a few months ago and are now releasing 2 more mid-range models!

I'd asked for the 225 for Christmas but since there's nothing wrong with my 210 I think I'm going to hold out for a few months and see how the 235 does with the new Garmin in-house optical sensor.

delicate flower

In related news, Garmin just released six new firmware updates each for the 230, 235, and 630.

<3

From the Internet.

In related news, Garmin just released six new firmware updates each for the 230, 235, and 630.

Lol. This is why I'm okay with waiting for a bit - let some other suckers work out the kinks before I decide what I want to upgrade to!

delicate flower

Lol. This is why I'm okay with waiting for a bit - let some other suckers work out the kinks before I decide what I want to upgrade to!

Yeah, as I've mentioned several times before, I was an early adopter to the 620, and boy was that a mistake.  It took about a year of updates until the device was finally stable.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Yeah, as I've mentioned several times before, I was an early adopter to the 620, and boy was that a mistake.  It took about a year of updates until the device was finally stable.

I got mine in December 2013, and I loved it right from the start.  We're talking about someone who went through four Garmins in as many years, and I've stuck with that one since.  Not even tempted by these.  Unless there comes a version of the 620 with optical HR, then I'd want it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

I got mine in December 2013, and I loved it right from the start.  We're talking about someone who went through four Garmins in as many years, and I've stuck with that one since.  Not even tempted by these.  Unless there comes a version of the 620 with optical HR, then I'd want it.

Me too!  Maybe I just sucked at it.  I will say that the 920XT has been awesome and I love it.  This was after I was reluctant to trade my 620 for it.  The 920 has been nearly flawless...just a couple of hiccups that aren't really an issue.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Do any of them come with music capability like the new TomTom?  Sorry, in court (and lazy) to click. I might consider one that has al I have plus that so I don't have to carry anything.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Me too!  Maybe I just sucked at it.  I will say that the 920XT has been awesome and I love it.  This was after I was reluctant to trade my 620 for it.  The 920 has been nearly flawless...just a couple of hiccups that aren't really an issue.

Ha, when I saw that release, I was SO glad I've retired from triathlons.  Saved me a lot of money.  (I still use my 910 in the pool, and I'm curious what my HR is when I swim, but not curious enough to shell out that kind of dough.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Do any of them come with music capability like the new TomTom?  Sorry, in court (and lazy) to click. I might consider one that has al I have plus that so I don't have to carry anything.

You can control music on your phone from the watch, but no storage/playback capabilities on the watches themselves.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Same here - though 1st Garmin for me.

It is a daily trainer, daily wear watch.  I have had zero issues to date.

After 2.8 years of near daily wear I am having some cracking of the blue part of the band. (the black portion is perfect)

Docket_Rocket

You can control music on your phone from the watch, but no storage/playback capabilities on the watches themselves.

I don't run with my phone. The TomTom is basically my TomTom with a player inside from what I understood. My idea for me is to carry less not more.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

I don't run with my phone. The TomTom is basically my TomTom with a player inside from what I understood. My idea for me is to carry less not more.

I don't either, so the phone control features would be lost on me!

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

oooh.. I see deals coming on 220 and 225 

LRB

So I finally got a minute to look over the site and it looks like the 630 does not have a built-in HRM. Maybe that will come with the 635.

LRB

I don't get the fascination with sleep tracking and calorie and step counting. We're runners FFS, I could not care less how many steps I take in a day. Are they serious??

Here's how many steps I take when I run 15 miles; a million. Nothing else I do during the day is going to top that. Done. lol