Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins (Read 12 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Pitbullsitting today and going to try running with her later.

Have a great day.

PADRunner

Same scenario as yesterday so I opted to stay dry with 5 on the TM.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I am still resting my pissed off back :-(  Anyway, I'm going to pick up my bib and race stuff for Saturday's half a bit later today.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Tonight is my fun party with the chorus -- we install new officers (including me as Team Coordinator for another year).  I made my cookies last night, so I'm all ready to go!!  Lots of singing, laughing, eating, etc.  Good times!!

Jerryb -- have fun with the doggie!!

PAD -- glad you're staying dry!!

Jill -- so sorry about your pissed off back!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - I hope your canine friend runs well with you.  Ours does too much starting and stopping to be much fun as a running companion (and can get really irritating as a walking one when we're someplace where a lot of dogs have been.)

Jill - I hope your back improves before Saturday. What are you doing for it besides rest?

PAD - good job on the dry five.  I loved yesterday's photo.

HM - sounds like a fun evening.  What kind of cookies?

Beautiful day here, sunny and 70.  I'll go run an hour or so after we finish walking Ben..

Singer who runs a smidge

Chocolate peanut butter, with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and mini-Reeses cups.  They're to die for!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3 easy, 1 was with the doggie.  She was really good on the bike path and stayed right between us and didn't pull too much.  Looks like a good day for a beer on the deck.

How's your back, Ginny?

From the Internet.

Afternoon pens!

I meet with coach tomorrow to decide my fate for the fall! Will I be brave and train for a marathon? Will I take the safe route and train to obliterate my half PR? Who knows!

Still stressing over my job situation. I have a job offer and might possibly even get a job offer for a better situation. This is good and I shouldn't be stressed. But I'm ridiculous, so I am.

Squats and 5 easy miles for me today. I had a killer 4 mile tempo on Tuesday, real happy with how that went and even more so with how my legs recovered from it.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Ran 16 with 8 @ MP this morning before working from home.  I have been prepping for a trial all day and still not done with me feeling satisfied.  Trial is tomorrow.  Lucky me.  Cancelled Pilates and moved it to tomorrow so I could review some more.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Jerry - the back seems to be fine.  It lasted longer than usual, but was okay by last Sunday.  My problem now seems to be mostly just energy, or lack thereof.

Lauren - did the first school come through with an actual written offer?  Did you contact the other school to see when they are interviewing?

D - good job on the 16 first thing in the morning.  Good luck with the trial tomorrow.  Do you usually settle without having to go to trial? Or is this a particularly complicated case?

I did 9 fairly hilly miles.  It felt hard, but I enjoyed doing a route I don't usually follow.

Docket_Rocket

I don't think the doj settles civil suits like this.  We are going after the debtor's bankruptcy discharge (in fact, this dude already received his but we found fraud so we are moving to revoke it), so usually, once we file a complaint, we are pretty sure the person does not deserve a discharge and we go to trial.  The only time I have settled is when they agree to waive their discharge, which is really a win without a trial.  Hope that made sense?

Nice hilly miles.  If only I had any miles, I would join you.  LOL.  Silly me that I never use hills on the TM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Jerry - the back seems to be fine.  It lasted longer than usual, but was okay by last Sunday.  My problem now seems to be mostly just energy, or lack thereof.

Lauren - did the first school come through with an actual written offer?  Did you contact the other school to see when they are interviewing?

D - good job on the 16 first thing in the morning.  Good luck with the trial tomorrow.  Do you usually settle without having to go to trial? Or is this a particularly complicated case?

I did 9 fairly hilly miles.  It felt hard, but I enjoyed doing a route I don't usually follow.

No written offer yet, so I've got at least a little time on my side. I emailed the other school and asked about the timeline/explained that I had another offer, but that they'd be my first choice if I were to be a good fit for the school. The program coordinator got back to me pretty quickly and said the full interview and hiring process is usually a few weeks, but she was going to start reviewing applications today and would get back to me ASAP.

Docket_Rocket

No written offer yet, so I've got at least a little time on my side. I emailed the other school and asked about the timeline/explained that I had another offer, but that they'd be my first choice if I were to be a good fit for the school. The program coordinator got back to me pretty quickly and said the full interview and hiring process is usually a few weeks, but she was going to start reviewing applications today and would get back to me ASAP.

Sounds great!  Hoping for good news for you!

Damaris

Fundraising Page