Beginners and Beyond

Humpity hump hump penguins! (Read 27 times)

Zelanie

Oh, I have not run today.  That's for tonight.  I wish!

Oh rats.  Well at least you have something to look forward to then! Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I looked at the thread title and immediately thought "... Look at Frosty go!"  Oh, but that was "Thumpity, thump thump", wasn't it?  Anyway, DH and I didn't get to finish yesterday's walk last night, because it was pouring, thundering, lighning, and hailing when I got home.  But it was calm this morning, so we got W4D3 done this morning!  Quartet rehearsal tonight, woo-hoo!!

jblack -- woo-hoo for you and your friend!!  Eh, what's another half a mile?

Phillie -- hope you stay dry!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your 7!!

scotty -- ooh, go run the zoo!!  That always sounds like so much fun!

kristin -- wow, the universe is conspiring against you!  Feel better soon!!

T-rod -- woo-hoo for your legs feeling better!!

Docket -- have a good time with your miles and weights!  (And DH!)

Jack -- good morning, and enjoy your miles!!

JDrumm -- have fun at the track meet!!

Zelanie -- cookies for an ultra, fun!!  Glad your knee isn't fussing about the trail!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Sloooow.

Quick check in. Today is usually my rest day as it's my daughters gym class, but I got in a quick 2.1 miles.

Have a great day!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thought y'all might find this interesting:  Ranking of the all the states by which are the best states to retire in:

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/retirement/best-places-retire-how-state-ranks.aspx

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

scotty -- ooh, go run the zoo!!  That always sounds like so much fun!

HsM, we don't actually get to run inside the Zoo.  We run adjacent to it in the park next to the Zoo.  It's called the Zoo run, cuz we each contribute $1 to run; then at the end of the year we donate all the contributed funds to the Zoo Fund which helps take care of the animals (vet services, etc).  This is a popular run in San Antonio.  Last year, we contributed a total of over $2,000 to the Zoo at the end of the Zoo Fun Run season.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Question of the Day.

If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

HAHAHA

+1 for extremely corny jokes!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

BAHAHA!! Are you bored today?!! lol!

Question of the Day.

HAHAHA

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Hello folks!!

4 yesterday, worked 3-1130 last night, slept like CRAP! Woke up at 930? SAY WHAT??????????? I HAVE NOT SLEPT THAT LATE SINCE I WAS LIKE 21!!!! I was soooo upset when I saw the clock!!

3-1130 tonight again and running date with my friend tomorrow morning.

My first races EVER! 

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Kristin, I hope you found someone to go the your Mets Vs. Pirates game with you!!!!! I work Thursday evening but my patients usually have the Pirates game on so I always sneak in an take a peak!!! :-) Have fun at the game!

It's great because I don't watch a lot of TV (shows), I am a big sports person that usually that's what on....right now It's Pens, Pirates, NCIS (the one show that DH and I watch regularly!  My patients usually at least one of those one while I am working! LOL

I now have an awful cough. Combine with torrential downpour with flash flood warnings and lightening, I am taking a URD Sad. No work today....have to do an HR orientation at my new job at 11.

My first races EVER! 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I found one person, but another person is a "maybe" so I may still have another ticket but won't know til later. Being on a weekday night it is hard to find people who can get to a game.

Kristin, I hope you found someone to go the your Mets Vs. Pirates game with you!!!!! I work Thursday evening but my patients usually have the Pirates game on so I always sneak in an take a peak!!! :-) Have fun at the game!

It's great because I don't watch a lot of TV (shows), I am a big sports person that usually that's what on....right now It's Pens, Pirates, NCIS (the one show that DH and I watch regularly!  My patients usually at least one of those one while I am working! LOL

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GinnyinPA

Yesterdays drenching rain has turned to probable thunderstorms, but with patches of sunshine from time to time.  I'm heading out in a bit for a long run to take advantage.  It's 65 and very humid (85%) but probably the best day this week for a long run since it's supposed to get to 80 later this week and the humidity and thunderstorms are expected to linger.  My leg is feeling better, but I'm bringing the phone, just in case it starts acting up again.

Damaris - does your husband plan to get seriously into running, or is he just wanting to get in better shape?  I think it's great that so many of you have spouses who can join you when training.  My husband and I walk together, but his knee won't allow running at all.

Zelanie - since your knee isn't hurting when hiking, it may be healing.  Maybe you won't need either doctor's appt.  What kind of cookies?

Tomas - glad you're recovering, but as hard as that race was, you'll need some time to get back to normal.

Tori - Good job getting your miles in.  Since you're working so late, sleeping later is to be expected.  You need to get your 7-8 hours somehow, or you'll be the one who's sick.

HopesMom - I think the thumpity thump thump was Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail.  Enjoy your rehearsal tonight.  When's your next concert?

Scotty - the Zoo run sounds great.  After your early morning workout, two miles should feel pretty good.  How many usually show up for that?

Coralie - Good for you, doing the two on your day off.

Jimmy - enjoy your five this afternoon.

Kristin - sorry you're sick again.

Margo - hope the rain holds off for you.

Bin - good job on the seven.

Mitch - hope you get your six done before work this evening.

Jack - enjoy your run this evening.  Has it cooled off there?

Jeff - I hope your track meet goes smoothly.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Hey gang... 6.6 miles.  Now flying around trying to get ready for work.  Catcha!

Dad on the run.

N-Bug - wish I could fly.

UGGG!! I'm so bored today. Work is incredibly slow today and I'm ready for Friday night, so excited about the comedy club.

Oh, guess I could mention that my wife pulled a thumb muscle and has to wear this huge brace on her arm to keep from moving her thumb, it lead me to ask her how exactly does one pull a thumb muscle??? Now I just call her THUMBelina anytime i need her Smile And its her right hand so when she hits me its her left and doesn't hurt MWAHAHA.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Singer who runs a smidge

I never even get to dream that I'm flying.  Cry

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You are like my husband, not funny at all! Joking

Question of the Day.

HAHAHA

Damaris