Beginners and Beyond

The UC Half Marathon: A Strange Race (Read 103 times)

Docket_Rocket

Nice job!  I think you have a great shot at the sub-3.  Go get it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

No pictures of mile markers, sleeping babies and kissing girls? I'm a little disappointed...

Big grin

1:25 and a PR is absolutely awesome. Especially so soon after Boston. You're certainly no old man, you're some kick ass runner, Brad! Congratulations!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

runningmum

AKA bear2009

Congratulations!  Sounds like a well run race.

Strange about the measurements, but that will happen sometimes.  I will occasionally run several GPS programs at once, to see if they match up, and there are often discrepancies.  Weather can definitely affect the readings.

2013 Goals:

1. Start, stay, and finish the year uninjured!

delicate flower

Great race, LtH.  Coming just two weeks after Boston, that is very impressive.

<3

Ball of Fury

Seriously speed race LTH!  I, too, enjoy reading your in race thoughts, because you do such a good job of detailing what you were thinking and feeling.  Congrats on a PR, especially when it wasn't planned.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Congrats on a great race. Good lesson - barring injury, no good reason to ever DNS, because you never know what kind of day you're going to have.

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Congratulations! I'm impressed.

LRB

You suck.  See you in November.   >:-/