Beginners and Beyond

Trophy Penguin Fridailies (Read 18 times)

Brilliant

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Tuesday night I decided to register for the OC Marathon on Sunday.  I had thought about this one after I DNSed LA in February, but I was worried about possible hot weather, and lack of training during my trip to Spain.  But this week I decided that the weather looks fantastic and I feel really strong and Why Not?  Praying this won't turn out to be one of the stupidest decisions I've ever made.

One of the kids at program yesterday was talking to me about sports and asked what sport I like.  I told her I like running and mentioned the marathon.  She asked if I'm going to "win the trophy" this weekend.  Hahahaha.  Love that kid.

4 easy planned for this morning.

on my way to badass

Thanks for starting us off Brilliant!

Good morning Pens!

Short mileage for me today.  I need a rest day soon.  Maybe Sunday.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

Praying this won't turn out to be one of the stupidest decisions I've ever made.

If so, hopefully it's not DURING the event that you realize it as I did. lol

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and 3-5 TM miles before I head to the airport tonight.

Brilliant, good luck at the OC!

StoneFence, enjoy the soon to happen rest day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

10 x 300m this morning. First week of sprint training and I'm sore! Couldn't finish my 15 x 100m Wednesday and took a RD yesterday.

Good luck Brilliant, Jerry, and D.

GinnyinPA

Allison - so you're going to pull a Melanie, running an impromptu marathon.  I'd love to be in good enough shape to do that.  It worked well for her, and I hope it works well for you.  Maybe without all the pressure of a goal race, it is easier. Good luck.

StoneFence - you have a good streak going. Deliberately, or did it just happen?  Nice, but I know how tiring it can be to not get a break when you need one.

Damaris - have fun this weekend. Good luck with the marathon

PAD - good work on the sprints.  How many days of speedwork are you doing?  Do you have a coach, a plan or are you making it up as you go?

AFM:  another gloomy gray wet day.  I hope to do a few miles later, if it isn't raining.

PADRunner

PAD - good work on the sprints.  How many days of speedwork are you doing?  Do you have a coach, a plan or are you making it up as you go?

AFM:  another gloomy gray wet day.  I hope to do a few miles later, if it isn't raining.

3 to 5 days a week of speed alternating weeks. I do have a coach that put the plan together for me.

Singer who runs a smidge

Afternoon, Penguins!!  I'm running a bit late today, as I had a dentist appointment this morning.  No worries, just a routine cleaning.  Woo-hoo for FRIDAY!!!

Brilliant -- excited for your impromptu marathon!!

Stone -- have a good short day!!

LRB -- good to see you in the igloo, man!!

Docket -- hope you get it all in before the flight!!

PAD -- hope your body settles into the pace!!

Ginny -- hope you get some dry time!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Zelanie

At PT last week I found out that I've been running all wrong. This week, I found out I've been walking all wrong. 

Had a good, helpful session and then a lovely run on the Alter G.

Singer who runs a smidge

Imagine all the other things you've been doing all wrong!!  Sitting, eating, stand-up comedy ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

Afternoon, Penguins!!  I'm running a bit late today, as I had a dentist appointment this morning.  No worries, just a routine cleaning.  Woo-hoo for FRIDAY!!!

Brilliant -- excited for your impromptu marathon!!

Stone -- have a good short day!!

LRB -- good to see you in the igloo, man!!

Docket -- hope you get it all in before the flight!!

PAD -- hope your body settles into the pace!!

Ginny -- hope you get some dry time!!

It's how I stay cool, yo. Cool

Singer who runs a smidge

It's how I stay cool, yo. Cool

LRB

Smile