Beginners and Beyond

FAST COMPANY Week 3 (Read 385 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  9 last night went great!  SRD today.

kettledrum, don't forget to post!

Link to the posting thread:

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners/2013in2013week1-postem

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Hi guys Smile On IR for now, had a PT visit today that was super helpful. They taped me running on a treadmill and my left knee rotates in when I strike, thus putting stress on my tibia and explaining why I've only had problems with my left leg (had a freakout about a possible stress fracture for a few days in December). And my left arch is flatter than my right, probably also caused by the weird rotation/weak hip muscles. Lots of hip and foot strengthening in my future, and I'll be able to try running again in a week or two. Worth every penny of the $300 insurance deductible that I'll be paying them - I never would have figured this out on my own! Smile

kettledrum

Toyger,  it was weird to me how it felt better on the TM, as one of my suspicions is that it was caused by a gait change by transitioning from outside to the TM as we got a blizzard right after Christmas, and my knee pain started at right about that time.   But.....could totally be coincidence too.  I'm such a dumb noob that I haven't been fitted for shoes or anything, I'm just flying by the seat of my pants asking for trouble, probably.

DR, so glad your 9 went well last night.

Lauren, sorry to hear you're on IR, but that is great that they were able to find your problems and you have a plan for recovery.

toyger

Hello Fasties!

Lauren, sorry to hear you're on IR but glad PT is going well! Hang in there. You'll be back before you know it!

kettledrum, hope your knee is feeling better.

I got in 6 miles this morning plus strength training. I do stretching and the myrtl routine later tonight.

Jen