Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies on the 14th (Read 37 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.5 winter miles.  Mid 20s and a stiff N wind yet again.  Come on spring.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Super tired and couldn't wake up early to run, so 7 and OTF tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

3.14 Happy Pi Day

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

'Morning.  Back to the pool this morning after yesterday's snow out.  2600 tired yards done.  Tempo run tonight, and the weather will determine treadmill vs outside.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

My Strava title says it all: Dark and cold just like my 🖤.

And my hip is sore.  WTF is that about?

Apparently I am going to have a fabulous day, because the jackhammer is going so strong here that I can feel the vibrations.  You can imagine how terribly loud this is.  For someone who is hypersensitive to noise... yeah, I am basically going to LOSE MY FUCKING MIND.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

My meniscus area is achy, just like every day it's cold down here.  Old myth my ass.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dave

zzyzx

I've been a tad sick the last few days. Sunday was so nice that I did 4 laps of the Queen Anne counterbalance (300 ft uphill on each climb), Monday I did a normal long lift and bike day but I sucked on the bike. Yesterday I was so sick that I took an honest to goodness rest day. Today I did abs, shoulder, and triceps and then 30 good minutes on the bike.

sdWhiskers

I've felt very "meh" today and yesterday. Not sure if its because running over the weekend, especially all those hills, really took it out of me? Or that it's been cloudy and rainy for several days. Or if I'm getting sick? My 4-year old made it through the time change like a champ but it has really messed me up. I can't get it together. I actually had time to run yesterday after work and crawled into bed instead...which is very unlike me.

Anyways, I have strength training with my trainer after work and hoping to get in a few miles.

ROS, your vacation sounds excellent!  Wine every day = WINNING.  Remember, this is training.  No need to think about detox, that's like de-training, and nobody wants that!  Bottoms up girl Wink

5ish.  2 mile warm up (with dog), 6x 400s/200 recoveries, cool down.  Threw down some sweet paces for the first four repeats, the last two were very pukey feeling and a bit slower.  I did not check myself fo' I wrecked myself.   Although, I think I need to get back to making shit harder, so I'll call this a success.

I got me a bib number, and the obsessive weather checking has begun.  It's supposed to rain Saturday, but not on Sunday (yay), and it's supposed to be low of 48 high of 61 on Sunday (also yay).  Now we'll see if this is what actually happens.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I got me a bib number, and the obsessive weather checking has begun.  It's supposed to rain Saturday, but not on Sunday (yay), and it's supposed to be low of 48 high of 61 on Sunday (also yay).  Now we'll see if this is what actually happens.

Ah yes, that weather obsession phase of the training cycle.  Gets that heart pumping.   Looking good so far.  Fingers crossed for you!

Still a bit of snow on the ground here.  Windy as heck and not letting up.  Think I will hit the trails this evening and try not to kill myself.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

ROS, your vacation sounds excellent!  Wine every day = WINNING.  Remember, this is training.  No need to think about detox, that's like de-training, and nobody wants that!  Bottoms up girl Wink

5ish.  2 mile warm up (with dog), 6x 400s/200 recoveries, cool down.  Threw down some sweet paces for the first four repeats, the last two were very pukey feeling and a bit slower.  I did not check myself fo' I wrecked myself.   Although, I think I need to get back to making shit harder, so I'll call this a success.

That is a bit too warm for me, but the LA Marathon has had a bad history of weather (except the year I ran it), so sounds like good overall!  I wish I can run it again but hubby is like no HM, no race, lol.

Have you done the RnR LA HM?  How much hillier is than the LAM?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

If one has checked the marathon forecast 1,000 times, the week before the race, you are doing it right. lol

Thanks Bert!

That is a bit too warm for me, but the LA Marathon has had a bad history of weather (except the year I ran it), so sounds like good overall!  I wish I can run it again but hubby is like no HM, no race, lol.

Have you done the RnR LA HM?  How much hillier is than the LAM?

Docket, I agree, 50s would be better, but the one time I ran it back in the day, it was in the 80s, so this is comparitively wonderful.  I have a feeling it's going to be humid AF though if it rains the day before.  This is still better than I expected, regardless.

I've not done the RnR LA HM.  I did the San Diego RnR 1/2, they claimed it was a flat course, and they are bastard asshole liars, it was not.

I need to look again at the course profile for this, when I did it previously the course was not point-to-point.  I know it's now technically net downhill, but I recall you said it doesn't feel like it.

LRB, I'm almost there.  By Friday I will for sure hit that!