Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's WednesDAILY (Read 26 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)Big grin

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning Pengs !!!  Have a good one.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Getting my allergy shot.  8 miles after work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Good morning Jerry and Docket!

I got a quick run in this morning.  I'm going to be on the road tonight.  So, I have to find another new running route, or hit a treadmill.  It's September, so I have to start working on my next weight goal.  I've lost 5 pounds every month since I started marathon training.  I want to be 205 by the end of this month.  209 has been my best weigh in to date.  Seems realistic.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

PADRunner

Morning all. 4 easy with my new toy. Bluetooth gps for my iPod.

199 days till the Dallas R&R Half.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Should get run # 28 today.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

PADRunner - Nice run.  199 day countdown?  WOW...and I thought I was excited!

Jerry - I'm just glad you're getting back to good health!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I don't think that I mentioned this.  After my marathon, I'm going to train specifically for a spring 10K.  Why?  Remember when my neighbor beat me by 2 seconds?  Well, we're having a rematch.  There are pancakes and beer on the line here.  I'm not just going to beat him.  I'm going to win that damn age group.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Bin Running

Morning guys!

Damaris, how frequent do you need to get those shots.

PADrunner, 199 days countdown. Wow!

Jerry, hi. 28 days streak?

Awood, where do I place a wager on you?

5 easy mile done.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

PADRunner

PADRunner - Nice run.  199 day countdown?  WOW...and I thought I was excited!

Jerry - I'm just glad you're getting back to good health!

Don't know if it's excitement. Just a reminder, and it will take me that long to get ready.

Docket_Rocket

Morning guys!

Damaris, how frequent do you need to get those shots.

PADrunner, 199 days countdown. Wow!

Jerry, hi. 28 days streak?

Awood, where do I place a wager on you?

5 easy mile done.

I am still in the weekly shots after close to two years, mostly because I am so allergic.  They start with once a week, then every other week, monthly, three months, six months and yearly.  I am basically in the first level still.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sweeeet run this morning.  Temp about 74 degrees, dew point of 61, rain threatening, and so a nice cool breeze in the area too.  My legs are still a tad store from all those hills on Monday so I ran a nice and easy flat course in the downtown YMCA area that took in part of the San Antonio Zoo.  Let me tell you, when it's really dark and you're running along the fence-line of the Zoo it's kinda creepy hearing all those animal and bird noises coming out of the dark.   I ended up with 3.2 miles.

Today is Sep 4th.  Holidays are Newspaper Carrier Day; Lyric Poetry Day; Eat Another Dessert Day; and National Macadamia Nut Day - yes, HsM, macadamia nuts, yet another food I don't like Big grin

nuts cartoons, nuts cartoon, nuts picture, nuts pictures, nuts image, nuts images, nuts illustration, nuts illustrations

nuts cartoons, nuts cartoon, nuts picture, nuts pictures, nuts image, nuts images, nuts illustration, nuts illustrations

paperboy cartoons, paperboy cartoon, paperboy picture, paperboy pictures, paperboy image, paperboy images, paperboy illustration, paperboy illustrations

poetry cartoons, poetry cartoon, poetry picture, poetry pictures, poetry image, poetry images, poetry illustration, poetry illustrations

poetry cartoons, poetry cartoon, poetry picture, poetry pictures, poetry image, poetry images, poetry illustration, poetry illustrations

cupcake, gossip, frosting, make up, jealousy, appearance,

turtles, surprise, cake, jump out, stale, slow,

KEYWORD1  2012-05-16  food  foods  eat  eating  dine  dining  meal  meals

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Morning!  Got a 1:30 plank done.  Today I have a track workout, and my RP who runs the same paces as me will be there.  But the girl who organizes it hasn't sent out the workout yet!  So I guess I will be running something, at some pace, for some distance. Smile

Jerry- Wednesday already.  3 more days? Smile

D- Hope your allergy shot doesn't react too much.

Awood- I totally misread your pace thread and thought you were talking about running your marathon by feel.  Oops.  But I think a good discussion came out of it anyway.

PAD- Congrats on the GPS!

Bin- I think this is the first run in a while where you didn't mention the cough!

Scotty- Nice run this AM!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'll tell y'all a secret, I did W1D2 of C25k last night with DH and Dusty.  I did the first 2/3 of it or so in regular shoes, just to see if that would make a difference in my knee pain.  Well, it did, but not in a good way.  It was the weirdest feeling having these huge heels on my shoes, felt like my feet never hit the ground squarely.  And because I had zero ground feel, I couldn't tell where or how my feet were going to hit the ground, so they'd twist and plant awkwardly, etc.  Then I also felt like my toes were completely squished, so when I got back to the house, I peeled off the shoes and socks and put on my VFF's to finish.  MUCH better!!  Anyway, my knee is sore, but not horribly so.  Now I have two days off, with quartet tonight and chorus tomorrow, then we'll try W1D3 on Friday.  And my heavens, I am slow!!  But at this point I don't really care, as I am faster than I've been in over a year.

Jerry -- good morning!!

Docket -- hope your allergy shot goes smoothly!!

awood -- hope you find someplace outdoors to run!!

PAD -- hello!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your easy 5 done!!

scotty -- sounds like a great run!!  White chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies are the bomb!!  How did you live in Hawaii and not like macadamias??

zelanie -- nothing like keeping you in the dark to keep it interesting!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Bin Running

Must be tough. You deserve the title badass.

I am still in the weekly shots after close to two years, mostly because I am so allergic.  They start with once a week, then every other week, monthly, three months, six months and yearly.  I am basically in the first level still.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar